Michigan-Grand Rapids

UICA or SULA Venue Reviews, anyone?

I'm MOH in my girlfriends wedding and am trying to help her while all along still planning my 6/2010 wedding. Geesh!!  I was wondering if anyone had ever used the either of the facilities for their reception or even attended a reception at either.  She's looking for something a bit more modern, edgy, industrial and all of the above.  So far we have not had much luck. Any other suggestions? Guest list includes 250 people. She's trying to keep budget for venue and food under $7,000. Thanks for any help ladies.

Re: UICA or SULA Venue Reviews, anyone?

• heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you tell us what UICA and SULA stand for? That might help in getting some replies. :)
  • Deeder522Deeder522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UICA ( Urban Institute of Contemporary Arts) I think would be a great venue. I'm FI works with them doing IT work for them. I've asked him in the past if they do weddings there. UICA is in the process of building a new building at the corner of fulton and division. I think it would be ready by then. She may also want to look into the GRAM ( grand rapids art museum).
  • glitzyglamglitzyglam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry....(UICA) Urban Institute of Contemporary Arts(SULC) Steelcase University Learning Center - except I'm not even sure their facilities are for rental anymore.Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards