Ohio-Columbus
Options

Cake

Our cake is included in our reception package and I am setting up an appointment with their cake lady. Our colors are red and navy, but my fiancee really wants yellow cake with chocolate icing (his favorite) How strange would it be to have a totally random and unrelated cake to the rest of our reception? I guess in the overall scheme of things I care about the cake about....000001 percent and I probably wont even get to eat any, but I dont want it to look super weid in the space...

Re: Cake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not odd at all but you can still get your colors. You can use fondant over the cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it'd be fine...brown matches both of those colors! If you're still iffy - maybe do a chocolate filling instead of frosting?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are having a cake for 150, do a regular wedding cake for 100, and yellow cake w/ chocolate icing for 50. That way you would have a traditional cake for pictures etc, it that concerns you, and he would have the cake he wants. If you don't care what it looks like, order what he likes and blame it on him! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could do the cake in whatever you like, and then have grooms cake made for your FI yellow with chocolate icing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp -- if you're nervous about it and FI loves it, it sounds like a perfect opportunity to get a groom's cake in his favorite flavors. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I disagree over our tastes in icing... so I'm getting him a small groom's cake as a gift. LOL. So he can have what he wants, and the rest of the wedding guests can share the big one. he he! I'd say maybe an option would be to have yellow cake with chocolate icing filling and then do your colors in fondant on the outside of the cake?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards