Ohio-Columbus

First Dance...

What will you dance to?

Re: First Dance...

• edited December 2011
    My FI is picking the song we will dance to as a surprise to me.......my dad and I are dancing to My Girl by the Temptations
  • emsrdh03emsrdh03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went back and forth on this one forever. We finally picked Love You Till the End by The Pogues. It kind of started as a joke when we were watching the movie PS I Love You, but then I just stuck. Now I can't imagine anything else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to Whitney Houston's "I believe in you and me"
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney.
  • OSU2010OSU2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We dont really have a song, so we cant make up our minds, so we might go with something less original like Michael Buble's version of "The Way You Look Tonight"
  • raquelita1642raquelita1642 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't decided yet for sure, but we're leaning towards Carla Bruni's "You Belong to Me."  We had a party a few months ago, and after everyone had left, we were picking up a bit, and it came on.  We just started slow dancing.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We danced to "Fly" by Sara Groves.
  • edited December 2011
    "It Had to Be You", Harry Connick, Jr.
  • edited December 2011
    We're leaning towards Rod Stewart's You're in My Heart (The Final Acclaim). It's four minutes though, and I definitely wanted something around 3 (or shorter). Now that we're getting close I'm getting nervous about being the center of attention...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure for yet but we love Jack Johnson and was thinking about the song, "Better Together".
  • edited December 2011
    Mjanosek - we love Jack Johnson too, and there's a great live version of Angel mixed in with better together.  We had originally considered just using the song Angel, but decided it was too short...but the mix between better together makes it longer.  It was a hard choice, but we ended up going with "you belong to me" redone by lifehouse.  We liked that it's a more contemporary song which is our style, but since it's an old song redone, we thought it would appeal to the older crowd too...
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds awesome! I'll definitely have to check out that version!  I wish my work computer had sound :)
  • edited December 2011
    "This Year's Love" by David Grey.  This was the first song we ever slow danced to when we started dating so it was very fitting.
  • kerrkerr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to the live version of "18th Floor Balcony" by Blue October.
  • edited December 2011
    Billy Joel, Just the way you are.  We did fade the song out because we thought 4 plus minutes was too long for our guests to sit and watch us dance.
    Married 7/11/2009. TTC since 6/2011. Saw RE in 1/2012 dx with unexplained infertility. Clomid with IUI 4 times all BFN. Moved onto IVF October 2012, 10R, 8F, 2 transferred, 0 frosties = BFN. RE moving to Texas so started with new RE in December 2012. Plan for IVF #2 in February. ER 2/16/13 9R, 9M, 6F. ET 2/21/13 of two embies, beta #1 3/5/13 505! Beta #2 ??
  • Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'll definitely be dancing to Al Green's let's stay together. full explanation of why is in my profile under "engagement". I'm not a romantic, but even this makes me all giddy and girlie :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think that we will probably use "Anyone Else But You" by The Moldy Peaches. We really want our song to be fun and not too serious to fit our personalities, and I think that this song would fit the bill. The only thing is, I'm not sure how I feel about a "turd" being mentioned in our wedding song! My fiance thought that it would be really cool if we had people from his family perform the song during our dance since he has a lot of musical people in his family. I asked my future brother-in-law's fiance if she would sing it with her husband for our dance, and she agreed, but only because it was her bachelorette party and she was drunk. Then we would have FI's uncle play the guitar. We'll see what happens! I originally wanted to use "Most Beautiful Girl in the Room" from Flight of the Conchords, but than decided that I liked that better for the wedding party dance. If I wanted to use something that wasn't silly, I would think about using "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Calait. I also like the idea of "Such Great Heights", the version by Iron & Wine, since it's slow. I think I want to use that one for my walk down the aisle. Okay, now I'm officially rambling.
  • AmberM4AmberM4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now we are thinking These Are The Days by Van Morrison.... Great song!  We heard it recently on TV when we were watching that old movie called Nine Months with Hugh Grant and Julianne Moore... it's at the very end of the movie.... Love the lyrics
  • edited December 2011
    I really wanted "Better Together" too, but he wasn't a fan of that. We're kind of volleying between "Lights" by Journey (we got engaged in San Fran) and "To Make You Feel My Love", the version by Adele.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards