Wedding Party

Bridal party invites...the guys?

Hey everyone,I want to do something nice for my bridesmaids and give them little invitations/requests to be in the wedding. I'll personalize them with little notes saying why I want them to stand with me. It will be a small token of thanks before the planning and stuff happens.I'm wondering what to do with the groomsmen. I know that guys are not really into sappy notes, but I don't want to give one side of the bridal party something and not the other. They are friends of mine as well, so I would like to do something.Any ideas?

Re: Bridal party invites...the guys?

• I'm fine with letting my FI do this, he would have been the one presenting the gifts anyway. The problem is, neither of us have any idea what a good idea is. He doesn't want to write "Will you be my groomsmen?" notes haha. We need something, I dunno...more "guy like?"
  • Skip the sappy notes for the women too. Just becasue of being female does not make people mushy or sappy. Honestly its a waste of effort and money.
  • Another vote for "leave it up to your FI."I very much doubt any of them will care if the BMs get cards and they don't.
  • There is, in all probability, NONE of the men your FI is going to ask who is going to say "Hey, Ashley and Miranda got a card and a keychain!  Where's mine?"  It's just not gonna happen.Your WP:  your job to ask.  Your FI's WP:  his job to ask.Two things:  #1)Your wedding is over a year away.  Wait at least until December to ask your WP.  This board is riddled with brides who asked WPs over a year away, and now regret their choice and want to know how to "demote" someone.I know, I know:  they're your friends and that will NEVER change.  Scroll down and read from people who thought the same thing.#2:  Remember that the honor is in BEING asked, not in HOW you're asked. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • They won't care and your FI won't want to do it.  It isn't your job to tell him how to ask his GMs anyway.
  • Seriously- they are guys. They aren't going to care and they aren't going to feel left out. They really won't. And I do have to ditto ffmaid- being a woman doesn't even mean your BM's will all be enthralled w/ these mushy notes. Just ASKING the people, in person, to be in your wedding, truly is enough and perfectly fine way to do it.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Wow...I'm really surprised, and honestly a bit disappointed at the response I got. I did not think that my idea of doing something nice for my bridal party would get such negative responses. I don't see anything wrong with a nice gesture of "Will you be in our wedding" even for my FI's side. They are all my friends to, and everyone in our bridal party is up there for both of us.
  • Well I'm happy to update that my wedding party invites went over wonderfully :)For my bridesmaids I made "vows" in which I promised not to yell, scream, throw a hissy fit or make them wear ugly dresses (the wording was nicer than that!)For the groomsmen, I created "Why you should be in our wedding party rather than playing video games" and they loved it! It was just a funny comparison list. I handed mine out to the girls and the FI handed his out to the guys.Everyone laughed and thought both were great ideas and a memorable way to officially ask them to be in the party :)
  • I'm glad that they liked them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards