DC

budget all-in-one wedding venues? VA/MD/DC

Trying to do a wedding on a budget and looking for any place that basically provides the location as well as food for 1 package? Does anyone have recommendations? I'm looking at 5-8k for the whole enchilada (yeah I know wishful thinking). Not picky about decorations/etc as long as venue is nice and food is decent. I live in Northern VA but open any places in VA/MD/DC area or even farther south or west.. I'm so desperate I'm even considering just going to justice of the peace.Trying to narrow down guest list to between 50-70 or so and it's so HARD!!

Re: budget all-in-one wedding venues? VA/MD/DC

• edited December 2011
    I was looking for the same thing, but with a slightly bigger budget. The Atrium at Tysons offered that, but around $8500. Also the Waterford (they have two locations, I just can't remember them, but they are in VA). Good luck luv.
  • eclipz19eclipz19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Madigan's in NoVA. My friends looked there and had picked it but then decided to do a destination wedding. http://www.madiganswaterfront.com/
  • JalilaSebJalilaSeb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you can totally do that at waterford at Springfield.  Their website is waterfordreceptions.com.  Our wedding will be there in October and we just went for our tasting and I have to say it was surprisingly very tasty!
  • edited December 2011
    a friend of mine is having her reception at the Waterford at Fair Oaks.  I have to admit, it's a great location... right next to hotels, right next to the mall, etc. Lots of options for your guests.  She went with them because everything was included for a fantastic price. They weren't nickel and diming her and she felt good about it. They're having their ceremony at a church a little ways away, but I think you can also do the ceremony at the Waterford. Good luck!!  
  • Chanel8174Chanel8174 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THAT'S FUNNY. I WAS READING YOUR POST AND I HAD TO DOUBLE CHECK THE NAME BECAUSE I HAVE THE EXACT SAME NEEDS. MY GUESTLIST IS 50-70 AND I AM LOOKING FOR ALL INCLUSIVE. I AM GOING WITH THE HOTEL OPTION. HAVEN'T CHOSEN HOTEL YET.. BUT IT'S A GOOD OPTION BECAUSE IT'S ALL INCLUSIVE.  AT ABOUT 100 A PERSON OUR TOTAL WILL BE 5,000 WITH 50 PEOPLE. I DON'T HAVE MANY DIY TO DO OR OTHER THINGS TO BUY BECAUSE THE HOTELS PROVIDE SO MUCH. GOOD LUCK KEEP IN TOUCH MAYBE WE CAN SHARE IDEAS SINCE WE HAVE SAME BUDGET. LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Knights of Columbus in Sterling (Compass and Anchor Club). It is all-inclusive and the wedding coordinator, Tony Sossa is amazing to work with. He definitely does everything he can to work with you. The outside is not the most aesthetically pleasing, to be honest- but I thought the inside was gorgeous. I am not a fan of carpeting and this place is all gorgeous hardwood. The price Tony quoted us was very good.I have some pictures I took while I was there of the reception area if you are interested. Email me- alyssaandmattk at gmail dot com.
    BFP Chart BFP 1/9/12 :: EDD 9/19/12 Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We held a Sunday daytime wedding last July for 55 people at The Comus Inn in Dickerson, MD (between Gaithersburg and Frederick) for within your budget.  We had the ceremony on the back terrace which is a pretty rural setting with Sugarloaf mountain in the background, then had the reception indoors in their Great Room.  They can accommodate up to 70 people, I believe, without requiring you to rent a tent.  And I thought the food was quite good.  You can check out my bio and pro pics or just visit their website at [url]www.thecomusinn.com[/url].We loved our wedding, I would definitely recommend it.
  • edited December 2011
    That's the perfect number for the Marsh Mansion at Heritage Hunt. It's a beautiful manor house and their food is amazing! I'm having my wedding at Heritage Hunt in the ballroom. You can talk to Katie Simmons at 703-743-2005.
  • TBomb979TBomb979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is next week at the Hilton in Rockville, MD. They have been wonderful to work with and have been flexible in negotiating prices with me. We are having our ceremony in their atrium which does not feel like a hotel. There are large trees with white lights. The inclusive package we negotiated is around your budget. We're serving chicken, but it's better than nothing! Ask for Riva.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards