New York-Upstate

Outdoorsy venues in the Capital Area that do NOT have minimum guest requirements?

We are going for an early fall wedding next year, and are very early in our planning.  We have visited a few... Saratoga National, Longfellows, etc. and visited several and have found that they have minimum guest counts. The lowest I've seen is 50.

We are targeting a 30-35 person guest list. We are paying for everything ourselves, and we want to be able to have a nice place with nice food... which is only possible with a small gues list.  Any suggestions?

Re: Outdoorsy venues in the Capital Area that do NOT have minimum guest requirements?

• edited December 2011
    Yes!

We are getting married at The Mansion Inn (Saratoga) in 3 weeks. They are AWESOME to deal with, and they don't have a minimum guest count. They are very reasonably priced too (compared to what I was finding out there, and I looked at a TON of places), and they will totally work with whatever budget you have.

Here's their website: http://www.themansionsaratoga.com

I hope this works for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    August 13, 2011
    RSVP Date: June 17th

119 image Invited to party!!
    65 image Have decided to (also) be awesome!
    41 image Are party poopers
    13 image Can't Find their mailbox...

• goobersinlovegoobersinlove member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    alasen, thank you SO much! I will most definitely be checking this place out ASAP.

Congratulations! You are right around the corner!
    I wish you the best, and I hope you don't mind if I check back with you a couple weeks after your wedding to hear how it went!
  • edited December 2011
    No problem! Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to show you =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    August 13, 2011

5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, I just checked it out today with my fiance and our mothers and WOW! I'm feeling really good about this place. I loved the barn, the guest rooms for all our OOTers, and the fact that we can totally make our own menu entirely. What sold me were the swans and the lemonade/mason jar set up that is available (you know, the little things). We're still going to check other places just to be sure, but I'm like ready to BOOK!

I'm excited to see your pictures and hear about your wedding.  Thank you so much again for recommending this place! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Highland Castle in lake george. It's small, works great for 30-40 people, but has gorgeous decks overlooking the lake and mountains!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

I am looking at the Century House in Latham. You get a lot of little things for your money, as well as great food and ambience.
  • edited December 2011
    So, I'm back from the wedding!

It was AMAZING! I could not believe how well everything went. The day was totally smooth and Lori was great at organizing everything. 

And the food was increadible! Everything we had there (rehearsal dinner, breakfast each morning, cocktail hour apps, and wedding dinner) was delicious. I never thought I could get that many compliments on the food. In fact, one of our guests had 2 weddings to attend on our wedding day and he told us "your food was better."

Overall I am increadibly happy with the Mansion and everthing they did to ensure that "our" day was perfect. And it was!

I'll add pictures soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    August 13, 2011

5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_outdoorsy-venues-capital-area-not-minimum-guest-requirements?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:c4fe8fc7-cc3a-434c-9ca6-38cfa07ce24fPost:6f1b1a61-2ebf-4dc4-8a21-670d259b3927">Re: Outdoorsy venues in the Capital Area that do NOT have minimum guest requirements?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I'm back from the wedding! It was AMAZING! I could not believe how well everything went. The day was totally smooth and Lori was great at organizing everything.  And the food was increadible! Everything we had there (rehearsal dinner, breakfast each morning, cocktail hour apps, and wedding dinner) was delicious. I never thought I could get that many compliments on the food. In fact, one of our guests had 2 weddings to attend on our wedding day and he told us "your food was better." Overall I am increadibly happy with the Mansion and everthing they did to ensure that "our" day was perfect. And it was! I'll add pictures soon!
    Posted by alasen[/QUOTE]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I'm so happy everything went great for you and I can't wait to see your pictures! =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards