Wedding Party

Need shower game ideas! I'm a bridesmaid (and bride, hehe)

Hello,Anyone have any good ideas for games at a bridal shower?  I like personal stuff, games that force people to learn abt the bride and groom, not into bridal bingo, etc.  Any ideas would be appreciated...thanks!

Re: Need shower game ideas! I'm a bridesmaid (and bride, hehe)

• "Force"? Uh, alright. I've heard of one where you ask the groom some questions about himself ahead of time, write down his answers, then you ask the bride at the shower (or some people videotape the groom's response). For every question the bride gets wrong, she needs to put a piece of bubblegum in her mouth. I know of another one where you make a list of things women might have in their purses (Kleenex, chapstick, house keys, etc.), and then you make the list more obscure as you go on (plumber's business card, a certain brand/shade of lipstick, etc.). Whoever has the most items wins. I know you said you don't like bridal bingo, but IMO those kinds of games are good because you don't need to stop the party in order to play them. Another one that you can do while not stopping the party is to secretly write down the bride's reaction to each gift ("Wow, look how big this one is!" "You'll have to show me how to use this," or "I've heard so many great things about this but never used it myself," etc.) and then after she finishes, read them out loud as "Things [Bride] Might Say to [Groom] on their Wedding Night."
  • My friend's shower had a trivia game--they handed out a questionnaire with trivia about the groom's life before he met the bride and how the couple met.  Another game involved putting 10 photos up showing the bride at different ages and you had to guess how old she was in each one.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Honestly those who are at the shower shoudl be those closest to the bride and groom so they should know them pretty well already. People hate games in general bridal bingo is ok becuase it gives you something to do when bored watching open gifts.The other one I kinda like despite cheesy is at the door when peple walk in have a large roll or a few of ribbon and sizzors. When they walk in ask everyone to take as much ribbon as they want. When everyone is there  have them go around the room and you have to introduce yourself and talk about how you know the bride and groom for however long it takes to wrape the ribbon around your fingers.
  • I personally really dislike shower games.  I find them excruciating.  There are two exceptions:  bridal bingo, because it's played during gift opening, which keeps everything moving along (as opposed to stopping to play a game).The other one that's okay with me is to set a kitchen timer.  Whoever's gift the bride is opening when the timer goes off gets a prize.At my nephew's bride's shower, since they were both born in the early 80's, they played an 80's trivia game.  The young people liked it, because it was reminiscent of their childhood.  The people of the parent generation liked it because it reminded us of our childrens' childhoods.Skip the personal trivia games, wrap her up in toilet paper games, icebreaker (let's all join hands and get to be buddies) games.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • We didn't even have games at my shower and no one missed them. 
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • [i]games that force people to learn abt the bride and groom[/i] Invest in a cattle prod.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We had a really fun game at my bff's bridal shower a couple months ago, where we split people up into 3 or 4 groups, then had them 'create' a wedding dress out of toilet paper.  It sounds cheesy, but it was a huge hit, much bigger than I thought it would be!  Yeah, forcing people to learn about the bride and groom.. not so much.  We quizzed the bride about the groom, and she had to put a piece of gum in her mouth every time she got question wrong, lol.
  • We played the newlywed game at FSIL's shower.  The guests there didn't know her all that well but they were there to get to know her better and support her FI, their cousin/grandson/nephew/friend.The other game that went over well was a game with a kitchen timer that went off as gifts were being opened.  The person who was lucky enough to find that FSIL was opening her present at the time of the buzzer received a prize.
  • I heard of a really cool game that encourages people at the same table to get to know each other.... it was played at a Baby Shower with the word 'Baby', but can be adapted to a Bridal Shower, using the word 'Love'....Basically every table has to come up with as many song titles as they can with the word 'Love' in them. Rules: they have to know title and artist, and if any of their submissions are challenged as not being a real song, someone from their table has to song a line from the song. The table that comes up with the most song title is obviously the winner.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Thank you everyone...very helpful!
  • My bridal shower was a couple weeks ago an I know many people say that most people hate games, but the ones we did went over extrememly well! First just to get everyone miongling and to have a little fun,m we did the wedding dress made from toilet paper. I know some people hate that, but everyone there loved it, and it really got people to have a lot of fun, and they were very competitive! Another thing we did was while iwas opening gifts we had a timer go off every 7 minutes (the time would depend on how many people were there) and whoever's gift i was opening when it went off got a prize. And also during that time, so people weren't bored while i was opening gifts we had two peices of paper that went around. One that said, "I Ashley take you Ryan and promise to..." and visa versa, and people could make up vows for us...most were funny, some were very sweet. It was a mad libs type of thing, and i had to read them outloud at the end. It was a lot of fun! So there weren't too many games, but just enough to keep people busy and entertained!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards