Flowers
Options

mixing fabric and real flowers??

I'm wondering if anyone has mixed home made fabric and real cut flowers in arrangements and bouquets?how did it turn out?any suggestions?I tired searching for it, but to no avail.thanks!

Re: mixing fabric and real flowers??

• Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only time I've seen it was carnations for funeral flowers, on the casket, so they could save the silk carnations for the grandkids. They blended in with the real flowers very well, you could even tell unless you got very, very close. But I'm wondering WHY you would want to mix real and fake flowers? I just don't think it would look right, and if you're doing it to save money, I think there are much better looking ways to do that. Besides, expecially with bouquets, it's hard to mix the different materials, as the stems are of different consistencies. I recently helped someone make some WP flowers out of two different types of wooden flowers. The stems were all wrapped with floral tape, but some were brown, some were green, and some had pliable wire stems, and others had wodden sticks that were not bendable/pliable. It made them very hard to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my April wedding umpteen years ago, we used small silk purple filler flowers in the BM bouquets. There wasn't anything that color in season at the time. That worked out very well, and weren't even noticeable unless you looked closely at the bouquet. And what exactly do you mean by "homemade fabric" flowers? If it means what I'm thinking...just take the chance and use them in your bouquets. It will add a very personal, and unique touch to your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards