New York-New York City

Bridal Party Gifts

I need some assistance in picking out gifts for my bridal party, ushers, MOH, BM and parents. I have drawn a complete blank, and am frustrated at the lack of unique and practical gifts offered. I want to think outside the box, and am hoping that some experienced brides or future ones may have some suggestions. This is a destination wedding, and I am conflicted if I should purchase gifts that are NYC oriented or if I should be more practical. My fiance and I will be paying the full or at least half the cost of having them come to NYC, and so I do have a limited budget. I would like to get them something unique and quirky but yet practical. Any ideas?

Re: Bridal Party Gifts

• jayjoejayjoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my BM's a gift card to their favorite store and a Coach wristlet. I also made the bags that i put them in and made the cards myself. (i got everything from MIchaels). The GM got Guess watches. For our parents we got them an 8x10 frame that had "our daughters/sons wedding" and the date engraved on them. We also got a gc to his parents favorite restaurant for hosting our rehearsal dinner.

My MOH also received a coach wristlet  and a GC but hers was $100 instead of $50.

Think about it like its their birthday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my girls Furla bags that they still use, 2.5 years later.  I got them on bluefly.com, which has great deals, plus I found a coupon online.   You can see pics in my planning bio, link below.  I also got them their shoes and jewelry for the day of.

My husband got my groomsmen engraved beer steins. 

We got both of our parents gift certificates to a skyline dinner gruise, and we all went on it together about  year after the wedding.  DH's parents are from Califofornia so it was a nice thing to do with them when they were visiting.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards