Florida-Central Florida
Options

Save the Date envelopes

Brides, I'm sending out my STD's next week and am not sure how to address them. Should I hand write them or use labels? This may sound like a silly question, but I'm really not sure. What did you all do? For my wedding invitations I'll hire a calligrapher, but don't think that is needed for the STD's. Need advice :)

Re: Save the Date envelopes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have pretty neat handwriting, so I just used a nice pen/marker and addressed them myself....til I got bored, then my mom (with equally nice handwriting) finished them, lol.  I wouldn't worry with a calligrapher, and I personally prefer handwritten addresses to labels.  This might be a good opportunity to put your BMs to work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did clear labels. We wanted to use a fun font on them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jessie - I like the idea of handwritten over labels too. I have nice handwriting so I'll most likely address them myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do STDs, but I did address my invitations by hand... Saved me a LOT of time and trouble.  I broke it out and did about 1/3 each night over 3 nights.  It wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have a good printer, you could always come up with a template in Word and print them in a fun font! I think that's what I'll probably do...
  • Options
    amyers321amyers321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did them by hand but I used a card with lines on it to keep my writing from looking slanted at an angle. (basically an index card with three dark lines drawn that I slipped into each card as I wrote the address information) We used labels for the return address(I made them on the printer ..it had one of our epics on it and then our address) I then bought a cute W stamp that I used almost like a seal on the back of the envelope.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Either way works. I hand wrote them and they came out great. hth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards