New York-New York City

O.D... then tap out?

i feel like i od'd on wedding planning.  does anyone else feel like that?  like i went hardcore for a few months there and then became absolutely exhausted and am laying off now, and worried that i won't be able to stay on track.  maybe it's the holidays?  maybe i just needed a break?

i am going up to NYC at the end of december with a friend of mine to meet with a bunch of my vendors so maybe that'll help get me into things again.  sigh.  just wondered if anyone else has run into the same thing.
Visit The Knot!

Re: O.D... then tap out?

• edited December 2011
    I don't think I ODed.  I think I've lost my motivation.  I got the big things out of the way a long time ago and now all the little things are starting to creep up.  I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed and so I've been backing off instead of moving forward with the drive I need to get everything done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i hear you! after we got engaged in Sept I went insane because there was so much to do. Now I am so tired of it all that even though there are important things to do (hello, the entire registry; bridesmaids dresses) i have no energy for them.  
  • leebeenycleebeenyc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel less interested lately in the details but I think it is because I feel like I have done everything so I am not as  motivated to look at everything.  But I feel like it's a natural pause not a tap out.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the feedback ladies.  glad to know i'm not alone in this.  sounds like there are a variety of reasons for slowing down on the planning and i think i'm a combination of a little bit of everything that you guys said.  i did the major stuff... picked a venue, a date... and at the end of the month, i'm meeting the photographer, dj, doing a hair/makeup trial and a food tasting during my 2 day visit to new york.  it will be nice to get that stuff squared away.  but like LUVCG said, i have all these little things that are overwhelming so i'm just not doing them... and as Jane said i have some pretty major things - hello registry!  - that i really should get moving on.  i am giving myself a few days over christmas to relax.  

leebee i am jealous you are mostly done everything!!  :)  good girl.
    Visit The Knot!
  • leebeenycleebeenyc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I am delaying doing the last thing I need which is choose a make up artist because that is all I have left.  I mean my invites are already in, there's nothing to do.  My fiance is loving this time though I don't ask him any more questions or make him look at anthing.  I'm sure the last month there will be something.  If you need any advice just ask
  • edited December 2011
    your invites are already in as in you've already sent them out and have responses back?  i was wondering when an appropriate time to do that is, ie. how far out from the wedding...
    Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards