Not Engaged Yet

** NQB **

I just snooped your bio and I have to say I am so completely jealous that you're getting married in Lake George. I've spend time there every summer since I was 3 months old and it is one of my most favorite places in the entire world. I'm actually going camping up there next weekend.
image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ** NQB **

• edited December 2011
    Oh no way!  I only live like 70 miles away from the lake now.  Where are you?  I can't click on screenames anymore...is anyone else having this problem?  Where do you camp?  I've never camped up there....just stayed with my grandparents or in a hotel but I would love to get a campsite on an island sometime.  We took a cruise on the Adirondac a few weeks ago and got to see the islands up close and it looked fun.  Enjoy!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I actually live in Connecticut now, I used to live in Westchester County, NY though. Up until about 2 years ago we always camped down near the village at Mohawk Campground, but they sold it and are turning it in to house lots, which sucks because as far as I know it's the only one actually on the lake. So the past few summers I've been bouncing around to different places trying to find one I love as much as as that one. Oddly enough, next weekend we're camping at the campground that started all of our Lake George adventures. It's the place that my parents first camped when they came up to Lake George. I absolutely love the boat cruises and don't care how touristy they can be I always do one every other year because I have so much fun.The brother in law of a girl I work with is getting married at the Sagamore this fall and I'm pretty jealous about that too except they keep talking about how much more expensive the vendors are because of travel time. Is that something you've run into or were you able to use local vendors? I think the bride went vender shopping in NYC though..might explain the extra cost.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know nothing about Lake George, but NQB, I can still click on screennames.  Try restarting your computer or logging out and back into the Knot maybe?  I wonder if it has something to do with your banning.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at the Sagamore but my parents were concerned about all their financial problems lately.  They were sold to a group of investors a few years ago and then were bankrupt and went dark for almost the whole winter.  It's still a beautiful place though. I had this idea that vendors would be a lot cheaper than my sister's wedding (in Westchester County - where we are from, another coincedence) because they are all from the Albany area but have found they're only marginally cheaper.  No travel costs though thankfully since they're all local. I hadn't been on the boat ride is so long it was so much fun.  The beach at Shephard's Park is back open (they had to close it for a few weeks) so it should be a nice weekend on the lake.  I'm jealous you're going up there.  My sister is coming to town so we're going to Saratoga tomorrow.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Hmm maybe it's just button's screename because I can click on acro's fine.  Just a white popup window comes up and nothing happens.  I think it's because my office has the lamest version of Internet Explorer and we can't download a new one for some strange reason.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I wonder if it is just me b/c I get the same thing when I click on my name too. Hmmmm... not like I have anything fun in there.NQB I wonder what other coincidences we can find, it's like a fun game. lol
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Scratch that, it works again when I click on it.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ah now I can see it.  And I see you're also a Giants fan so that's another one.  :-)

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    We got to go to two games last year, check this out: No games this year though.  Stupid wedding.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    God I am SO jealous! I've never been to a pro football game. I became a Giants fan sort of on the sly when I was about 13 or so and followed it religiously without really telling anyone. Every year for my brothers birthday (Jan 3rd) my dad would take him to a game and had no idea that I followed the NYG as much as I did, even as my brother was becoming a Raiders fan! I've been offered tickets a millions times but always to other teams games (mostly Jets b/c of BF) but always declined because I want my first pro game to be NYG. Jets and Giants played pre season last year but I had some medical bill so that was a no no... that's probably the only way I'll get the BF to fork over the money, it makes me sad b/c the prices at the new stadium  are going to be insane, so if it doesn't fall into my lap this year I can't even imagine when we'll get there, since we're saving up for...uh...EVERYTHING!One more thing in comon and I'm going to end up with a full blown knottie crush on you!  ;-) (that'll stretch me to the limit bc I thinki I've already got one in Jeana lol)
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah last year was my first game too (the one in the picture) followed by my second game of which there are no pictures because it was the coldest day of my life.  It's fun don't get me wrong but if you ever decide to go get the earliest game available. I'm also spoiled because the blue men practice just up the road from my house.  It's not as exciting as a game but it's only like $3.  Practice starts next week! http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=926899

My Blog

• Mrs.MasieMrs.Masie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hijack, but NQB, where in Westchester are you from? I grew up in New Rochelle and Scarsdale.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Maise that's insane I lived the first 9 years of my life in New Rochelle and then lived in Scarsdale for 3 years before I moved to CT.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Holy crap, I am also from one of those towns.  We all were probably in Brownies together. :-)

My Blog

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...what a small world! So weird. We probably were, NQB,lol. I was in brownies for a bit in like 3rd grade. I dropped out cause i was such a tomboy and HATED those smock/dresses.I went to Ward for elementary then moved to Ursuline for high school.  
  • edited December 2011
    smallest world...ever?
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Holy crap, you went to Ward.  Now we are actually neighbors.  How old are you?

My Blog

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you go to Ward, too? I'm 1980.
  • edited December 2011
    No, I went to a private school in Tuckahoe then did public school in Eastchester.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Masie me too.  If you tell me you rode the #5 bus then I would have to know you.  Remember Mr. Fog?  That man was so scary.  And Mrs. Theo who was the principal before Reagan?  She reminded me of the principal from Grease.  I went to public high school but a lot of my friend went to TUS (most of them got kicked out incidentally).

My Blog

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, NQB, who would've thought it!I can't for the life of me remember what bus i rode! Age is creepin' up on me. I lived on Saldo Circle, if that's any thing to go by. But i do remember Mrs. Theo! And she totally reminds me of the principal on Grease, too, now that you mention it,lol. Quite a few Ward alumni went (and finished) at TUS...but i remember those who also got the boot after a year. I think in 9th or 10th grade, there was an influx of NRHS girls who came over and didnt return the next year, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah they were a bunch of characters that went.  You must have known Amber though.  She's on my facebook and is a midwife now I think.  I lived near Iona College.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Update: I think I do totally know who you are.  Do you by any chance have an unusual first name?  Email me at notquiteblushing at gmail and I'll find out if I'm right.  :-)

My Blog

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, didn't know an Amber. But yes...i do have an unusual first name. And does your last name have something to do with a tree? Cause i think i may know who you are, too. As soon as you see my email, i'm sure it'll ring a bell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards