Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

The Flower Guys

I am getting married in three months, and my florist (The Flower Guys) just called me to tell me that they fired their designer and now I have to meet with the new designer to go over my flower choices again and the prices will probably change now.  Has anyone used them this year and know about this?  What are your overall opionions of The Flower Guys?  They are weird and the place is a dive, but the flowers I saw at my friends wedding were nice.  I am just scared that now I am too late to make any changes...their prices are amazing...and I am getting married Mother's Day Weekend, which is the busiest flower day of the year!!!

Re: The Flower Guys

• firstchoice25firstchoice25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is a little late, but had to add my experience on here. I had them do my at home reception in June, and they were TERRIBLE. Jose called me 5 times the day before asking questions about my order which he lost, then found, then to tell me he was changing my request, of which I said no...then the day of the reception they called me 45 minutes after they were to deliver the flowers and said "Are you going to come pick these flowers up or what?" Jose no showed for work, they delivered them 3 hours late so we didnt get them for photos, and they were 1) DEAD, and 2) All wrong - nothing of which I ordered 3) Half the centerpieces were broken. When I called Jose to complain, he disconnected his phone. Please, do yourselves a favor and spend the money on somone more reliable! Thank goodness it was only my at home reception, but it was still a major damper on the day.
  • edited December 2011
    I just met with Jose.  It seems he has split from The Flower Guys because he was unhappy with the number of weddings they wanted to do per weekend and with the fact that the flower buyer would sub out flowers without consulting the client.  His quote is very tempting and it is clear he definitely wants anything with his name on it to look really good, but I'm still leery.  Does anyone have any experience with using him individually?  I'm not even sure where he does the arrangements if he isn't with The Flower Guys anymore. 
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was NOT a fan of Jose, and that wasn't just a reflection of where he worked. See bio for full review (under "the anti-vendor). Also for another character glimpse, see the post above yours.
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS- For someone similarly priced, check out Deven Nelson. Way more professional, way nicer, very creative, and she's actually reliable! Plus a pleasure to work with. Info in bio...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards