Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I don't wanna....

2»

Re: I don't wanna....

• Options
    Yep, he is pissed at me now. Oh well.
  • Options
    mady and wading-you can order Lou Malnati's pizza for delivery.  I'm pretty sure they deliver all over the world.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    I don't want to be unemployed anymore.  I don't want to be in this country anymo' neithuh.
  • Options
    He is about four? He was an outside rabbit then my other rabbit died, so I brought him inside with the rest of the family. He poops in one spot. I wonder if I replace the paper with wood shavings if he will go there.
  • Options
    I also thought it went "Secret...Aaaaasian Man, secret....Aaaaasian man."H sings it that way ALL THE TIME.
  • Options
    Ricksang- wood shavings are VERY unhealthy for rabbits. They can cause upper respiratory infections which can turn into Pasturella- a disease that cannot be cured. My one rabbit has pasturella b/c the petstore he came from did not take care of him. He now has diarrhea, cannot smell, and at times gets snotty noses and constantly has discharge from his eyes. We had to spend 1000+ on his vet bills to nebulize him, give him twice daily injections and antiboitics just to get him to the point he is at now (able to breathe). I suggest using a litter box if youre intersted in training them and then filling it with Yesterday's news or something equivalent. Cat litters cannot be used b/c they also can cause upper respiratory infections
  • Options
    I had a guinea pig that eventually died from chronic respiratory infections.  He was on wood shavings until I heard how bad they were, so I switched to that wood pulp stuff.  I can't remember the name of it though.  Hmm...
  • Options
    I also thought it went "Secret...Aaaaasian Man, secret....Aaaaasian man."It took me the last 15 minutes to remember what the actual words are.
  • Options
    Why are wood shavings bad? I don't get it, why can they cause issues if other types of wood can't?  Sorry, I'm just confused.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Yeah, I knew about cat litter, but I did not know about shavings. I have some yesterday's news.
  • Options
    From what I can remember with my guinea pig, it's the oils that are found in pine and cedar shavings that cause problems for small animals.  When you use wood chips, you can't be certain what is in there.  The wood pulp is reclaimed from other things and is processed to the point where it's basically a grey newspaper type.  This is what I used:http://www.petco.com/product/3370/Carefresh-Pet-Bedding.aspx?CoreCat=GuineaPigHPBeddingLitter
  • Options
    Wood shavings tend to have large amounts of dust (which is also the issue with cat litters) and with wood shavings, the chemicals used to preserve the wood and give it the smell that it has can cause respiratory problems and change the balance in the enzymes in the liver which is also a problem.
  • Options
    I don't wanna grade my 2.5" stack of papers. Can't I just give the kids grades based on whether I like them or not, instead of what they know?
  • Options
    Huh. I did not know that.  Is it bad for all rodent-type animals? I''ve never had one. Why doesn't the dust from the litter affect cats? I'm very curious today.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Oh, i didn't see AmoroAgain had replied. =) I worked at a pet store (specialized in the small animals there.. hah) and have done alot of volunteer work with vets and such and I always refused to send small animals home with wood shavings. I actually don't use any sort of bedding for my bunnies (i have 4) becasue they are litter trained and do not poop/pee anywhere but in their litter box now. I use carefresh for my rats. Sorry, this totally brought out the obsessive pet owner in me. My rabbits are my babies- you know they can live up to 20 years?
  • Options
    I only know cat litter is bad for rabbits because of the dust and they eat it.
  • Options
    Sarah, can't you just give them all B+'s and be done with it?  (quote from I Love you, Man) - so funny!
  • Options
    tlv- i think it does affect all small animals (except maybe chinchillas - they bathe in dust) Rabbits, I know, have a very different respiratory system set up than other animals. They have to be tubed and put to sleep differently than cats and dogs. Cats only use their litter box to go to the restroom mostly but having wood shavings for your animal to live on might cause problems b/c theyre constantly surrounded by it. I think its also an issue of how close to the ground small animals are compared cats- theyre noses are constantly in the litter/bedding.
  • Options
    Gotcha, that makes sense.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    some serious threadjacking going on  here. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    They were offering free threadjacking classes at the local community college- I couldn't pass that up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards