Missouri-Kansas City

Deer Creek Golf Club?

Has anyone used or been to a cermony or reception at Deer Creek Golf Club in overland park? We won $500 towards a reception there at the bridal show and I was just curious what other peoples opinions on it were, I have an appointment to see it Thursday.

Re: Deer Creek Golf Club?

• rosa09rosa09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I won the same thing.  Haven't spoke to them yet.  Let me know how it goes. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception there in 4 weeks.  Obviously I can't comment on everything yet, but the food is good and I feel like it was one of the more reasonably priced places in Overland Park that had a nice atmosphere to it.  I believe the cost of using one of the rooms is $500, so you would probably get to rent out a room for free with your winnings.  One room holds around 90 guests for a plated dinner and the other holds about 250 for a plated dinner.  Each has a private patio area with tables in addition to the inside area.  The thing we have loved the most about Deer Creek is that there aren't any hidden costs.  Once you figure out your menu and drink situation, you will get a cost per person which includes tax & service charge.  So, you can figure out your cost simply by getting a head count.  My parents have loved this aspect a lot.  But, this all really depends on your budget and what you are looking to spend on your reception.
  • tigernhtigernh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Deer Creek does have a minimum though that you have to spend.  The big room I believe was 6K for a Friday or Saturday Night and the small room was about 4K? And that is prior to taxes. But I am a tad fuzzy on the exacts.  We were going to have ours there but cancelled because it was a bit more than we wanted to spend.  We are having ours at Meadowbrook Country Club-no minimum. 
  • edited December 2011
    yea 6k is alittle more then we want to spend as well, we were orignally going to have a DW but we wanted to pay for our wedding parties accomidations and stuff and it totalled out to be to much so were looking at places n KC and i know places are booking fast. I wish this place had this information on there website. Thank you for telling me that tho, i had no idea. She said we could use the $500 towards anything but either way its still alil pricey for us and the amount of guests we have. Were looking for a location where we can have our ceremony outside and reception inside.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at Deer Creek and do feel as well it is very reasonable.  You should go see it because they now have a great outdoor location for the ceremony. 
  • edited December 2011
    By the way you should ask if the coupon is transferrable and if you choose not to use it maybe I could buy it from you!
  • edited December 2011
    We decided to go with Deer creek, the cermony site was what we were looking for and were pretty happy with the prices as well. Our wedding isnt till June, I would love it if I could see pictures of the people on here that said they were using it as well.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Deer Creek and we were VERY pleased!  The food was great, the atmosphere was very nice, and the staff was excellent.  We felt it was pretty reasonable for the location, setting, and the quality.  I feel like we definitely got our money's worth.  Hope you have a good experience with them too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards