Registry and Gift Forum

Nothing left on registry?

Thanks to a pretty big family shower and a work shower and very generous guests, there is really not many things left on our registry.  Just a few small items.  But my concern is that people who really want to get a gift for the wedding won't have any options on our registry.  I can't think of anything else to add to the registry.  FI and I have lived together for 3 years and have a pretty furnished house.  All of the things we had registered for were upgrades to things we had or things that we wanted the wouldn't have bought for ourselves.I am really grateful by everyone generosity.  What can I do to give more options without registering for things we will never use?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nothing left on registry?

• if people are all fired up to get you a gift and don't like anything left on your registry, they'll think of one for themselves.if you really want to "help" them spend their money, go to amazon.com and register for books and dvds.
  • I would think of something and add it. Honestly, most people are going to get their present the night before or day of the wedding...and if they go to the store, and there is nothing left, they are going to be stressed out.
  • tunneltunnel member
    First Comment
    I would make sure that there are at least a few options on the registry.  Just register somewhere with a good return policy, like Bed Bath and Beyond.
  • ok ideas new towels new sheets new tableclothes nice china nice silver nice waterfordadd a home depot tools registry a weber grill  
  • If you've really gotten everything you will use, there's no need to add other things.  At this point, people will either pick out something, or they will give $.  (3/4 of our people gave $ anyway).  If you have the storage space, I would go for tons of sheets and towels in a neutral color that you know you will eventually use as the current ones wear out.  Just pack them in plastic and put them in the back of a closet. 
  • If you don't add a few things people are going to go out and get you something you don't need and can't return.  I agree with the person earlier, find a place with a good return policy - add some more things and then if you really don't want them return them after the fact.
  • Go for the fun stuff -- really fancy waterford vases, decanters, etc., some cool kitchen tools, new placemats and tablecloths, a DVD player, video camera, camera, fancy bedding, extra sheets (guest bedding?), nice silver or silverplate serving pieces, frames, a new telephone....just think of things that you'd love to have, and go for it!
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • This is the opportunity to think of every movie you have ever liked and register for it! Maybe even register for TV show season packs! I love that junk, so that's my extra options I am going to eventually register for. OoOo... Wii Games!There are some things you can never have enough of.Or a new dictionary, those things are always being updated.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards