Illinois-Chicago
Options

How early?

Our wedding is not until August 14, 2010 but I am going out of town for three months starting in September, then will be graduating from grad school, finding a job and studying for my state licensure exam so I will have a long break from planning coming up. We already have our church, reception site (The Women's Club of Evanston), our caterer, and photographer. So my question is, how much do I really have to do before February? I was hoping to have my DJ and florist before I leave in Sept, but at this point I don't see that happening. So how early did you book your florist, DJ, makeup, hair, and whatever other vendors I'm missing? In the Chicagoland area? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!!

Re: How early?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in May if 2010.By June of this year we had church and reception venue booked, DJ, florist, photographer, videographer, and linen ladies.  This month I am booking hair and make up and probably limo service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would really try to get your DJ and florist booked before you leave.  Then you should be good util you get back.  Escpecially the DJ, you might be okay waiting on flowers, if they aren't that important to you.
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is June 2010 and we booked our reception venue last year. We booked our church, photog and DJ in early spring this year. I bought my dress in June, to be shipped mid-December. We just booked our florist 2 weeks ago. One of the only things I have left is the limo...other than alteration, makeup and hair. I'm going to wait until about December to start seriously looking to possible vendors. My philosophy is that the early bride gets the better vendors....and cheaper prices.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is Aug. 7 2010 (1 year!!!!) and I have reception/ceremony, dj, and photographer. I still need florist and bakery, which I think I will just a little while for. I don't plan on having floral centerpieces and our cake is provided by the venue (we just pick it out). As far as makeup and hair, I know where I'm getting it done (the salon I always go to which is conveniently close to my venue), just not sure how far in advance I'm booking. It is probably a good idea to at least get the DJ booked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, you need to deal with DJ, florist, and photographers first. You will always be able to find one, but not one of the better ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow I suck at this wedding planning!!!! I am waaay behind!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards