Latino Weddings

holas mis nenas latinas![introductions]

Hi guys! I'm Jennifer and I'm a latina Knottie from LA. I thought it would be a good idea to have introduce ourselves.1. Name:Jennifer2.Fiance's Name: Carlos3.Proposal:in Vegas :] x27...lol4.Where you guys live: LA area 5.How did you guys meet: myspace!!! lol than met face to face at CSULA6.Is your FI latino: yes, hes MexiCANT...lol and im the awesome Nicaraguan chic! :]7.How old are you guys: he's 24 and im 228.How long have you been together: going on 3 yearsif you have anything else to add feel free to :]

Re: holas mis nenas latinas![introductions]

• edited December 2011
    Hola! Latina knottie from NNJ/NYC here (I'm a proud B&T Bride). Hey MrsLeon, FI is half Nica! :-) 1.Name: Viviana2.Fiance's Name: Henry3.Proposal: At the salsa club where we fell in <34.Where you guys live: NNJ5.How did you guys meet: Salsa class6.Is your FI latino: Yes (half DR, half Nica)7.How old are you guys: Fi is 29 and I'm 29/30 LOL8.How long have you been together: Over 2 yearsI'll add some more:9. Wedding date: Feb. 20, 201010. Latino elements to the wedding: Bilingual ceremony, ceviche de camarones (ecua style) for the cocktail hour, pernil (aka lechon to some) as the meat course and a smokin' hot salsa number after we cut the cake and Dominican cake as our wedding favors.11. Speak Spanish: Yes, fluently so does FI and so will the kids! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi girls, this is so awesome that we have our own board. 1.Name: Dora 2. Fiance's name: Eduardo 3.Proposal: at a nature site 4. Where we live: Edinburg, Texas 5. How we met: We meet back in high school 6. I s your FI latino: Of course 7. How old we are: We are both 21 8. How long have we been together 3 years 7 months Interesting thing about me: I play in a all female mariachi group.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsLeonMrsLeon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yey Viva! are you guys gonna put any nica elements into the wedding? and dora, it is really nice to have a latina group. nice to meet you girls!
  • edited December 2011
    To be honest, that's his dad's side of the family and they're a bit quiet (por supuesto) compared to his mom's Dominican side. So relates a bit more to mom & that fam. If you have some suggestions on something Nica we can throw in the mix - I'm all ears!! Every wedding could use a little more sazon, you know.
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea on starting this post Jennifer! we have a few things in common! 1. Name:Pamela 2.Fiance's Name: Tim 3.Proposal: at my apartment 4.Where you guys live: West L.A 5.How did you guys meet: myspace. My best guy friend asked me if I ever answered messages from guys and I said hell no, all they say is "your hot I love you etc etc. He told me I should respond to soem just to see. Literally the next day I get a message from Tim, we talk meet 1 week later at Cheesecake Factory and have been together ever since. (he was the first person I met online & right away I knew something was differnt) 6.Is your FI latino: No, he's white & I'm 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 Nicaraguan 7.How old are you guys: he's 34 and I'm 31 8.How long have you been together: 2 1/2 years 9. Wedding date: 4-10-2010 10. Latino elements to the wedding: Food maybe mexican, a salsa dance as part of first dance and maybe mariachis. Also I told FI that I want a pinata at the rehearsal dinner lol! 11. Speak Spanish: Yes, fluently and FI can understand a few things and he just bought rosetta stone !
  • edited December 2011
    verdes, that's so cool that FI is into the language! I love hearing things like that :-)
  • MrsLeonMrsLeon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yey! i love how were all mingling! viva: im surprised cuz my nica family is pretty loud...lol. what my FI and I are trying to do is to intertwine both our cultures. were gonna have a tacazo[taco truck] and tajadas[fried plantains] con queso. and have tequila and rum and have both mex and nica music.verdes: thats awesome! i had met other guys online before him but i knew there was something diffrent too. ohhh what part of west la do you live in? are you putting any nica elemants into your wedding?  
  • edited December 2011
    VivaLaDiva - Your monogram is so stylish! I've been trying to think or find a cool one for us to use in favors. MrsLeaon - I would *love* to use a taco truck! & you seriously made me drool when I read tajedas with queso, that and nacatamales are my all time fav food. I would have loved to have more nica food, but all the venues that we looked at in L.A that let you byo have so many restrictions like ending at 9 or 10 or want a fee of 7K just to rent the place. Have you already foudn your venue? Dora - That is so awesome that you are in a an all female mariachi group!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ver (mind if I call you "ver"? :-) ) I had it designed custom at CreativeMontage.com. It was a bit pricey at $75 (compared to some other vendors I've seen on these boards) but I knew she had exactly the style I was looking for - I had designed one myself years ago, she just made it professional. Couldn't be happier with it.
  • edited December 2011
    1.Name: Haydee2.Fiance's Name: Juan3.Proposal: At home while I was ironing, lol4.Where you guys live: Houston, TX5.How did you guys meet: College6.Is your FI latino: Yes, we are both Mexican7.How old are you guys: We're both 328.How long have you been together: 14 years9. Wedding date: May 15, 201010. Latino elements to the wedding: Spanish mass, spanish music, lots of tequila, lol and Menudo at midnight!11. Speak Spanish: Yes, fluently so does FI and so will the kids! :-)
  • edited December 2011
     This is a great way to get to know each other!!1. Name: Mendy 2.Fiance's Name: Pablo 3.Proposal: In Front of the Niagara Falls very romantic J 4.Where you guys live: Boston MA 5.How did you guys meet: At our church Youth Group 6.Is your FI Latino: Of Course we are both 100% Guatemalan! :O) 7.How old are you guys: he's 26 and im 21 8.How long have you been together: 3 years 9. Wedding date: Don’t Have one Just yet most likely with in a year. 10. Latino elements to the wedding: I will most likely  have a Bilingual ceremony, no puede faltar la musica Latina! 11. Speak Spanish: Yes, fluently so does FI
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • AdelaCAdelaC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Name: Melissa2.Fiance's Name: Tim3.Proposal: In the Dairy Queen parking lot. (not kidding)4.Where you guys live: Washington DC5.How did you guys meet: Intern during summer vacations6.Is your FI latino: Nope, but he loves latin women.7.How old are you guys: 268.How long have you been together: We have known and been friends for 5 years, dating for almost 29. Wedding date: April 10, 201010. Latino elements to the wedding: Mexican food for rehearsal dinner. Spanish/Mexican for wedding (thinking tapas), hoping for mariachis during cocktail hour. Wearing a mantilla veil.11. Speak Spanish: Unfortunately no. How is Rosetta Stone working out? I took several Spanish classes, but I am very basic with my spanish.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Name:Briana2.Fiance's Name: Greg3.Proposal:in our new home4.Where you guys live: Northen California 5.How did you guys meet: Known each other since 5th grade.  Our sisters were best friends so we met through them6.Is your FI latino: Yes, half Guatemalan.  I am 100% Mexican7.How old are you guys: He is 27, I am 268.How long have you been together: 10 Years!!9.Wedding date: 9-19-0910. Spanish influences in wedding: arras, laso, mariachi's, and he and I will be performing with my Folklorico group! (that last part is a surprise to everyone!)11. Spanish speaking: Yes for the most part, although I feel like I'm losing it! :( FI has learned a lot since we've been together.  We plan on taking a trip to Mexico next year so he can be immersed! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hola chicas, I'm a little late to the party, but it doesn't hurt to introduce myself anyway :)1.Name: Laura2.Fiance's Name: Ross3.Proposal: this past December, right after we had finished moving him into my apartment :)4.Where you guys live: Philadelphia; we're both from NJ though5.How did you guys meet: a mutual friend's Halloween party while I was in law school and right after he'd gotten out of the Marines6.Is your FI latino: no, he's Filipino; I'm Dominican7.How old are you guys: we're both 268.How long have you been together: 1.5 years9. Wedding date: June 27, 201010. Latino elements to the wedding: I'm excited because a lot of our Dominican wedding traditions are very VERY similar to Filipino wedding traditions (like the arras, veil, lasso/rosary etc), so it's going to be so easy to incorporate both our cultures into the wedding!  We'll be having some Merengue at the reception, too.  I'm so glad I found this board, because I've been racking my brain trying to think of spanish songs for the father/daughter dance, so yay!11. Speak Spanish: Yes, but I don't have any Spanish-speaking friends so I speak it very infrequently now, and I feel like I'm losing it :( every time I go somewhere Spanish-speaking though, it comes right back, thankfully...we'll have to spend some more time DR!So that's it...yay for the Latina board!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Name:Cynthia2.Fiance's Name: James3.Proposal:January '074.Where you guys live: Orange County, Cali5.How did you guys meet: We were the wedding party in our cousins wedding.6.Is your FI latino: Yes! 7.How old are you guys: James 25, Me 24.8.How long have you been together: Almost 2 years
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm also late with meeting everyone.  I am half Puerto Rican and half white. 1.Name: Rachel2.Fiance's Name: Angel3.Proposal: May '09 in Angel's living room...he made me a photo book...the last page was a pic of the ring4.Where you guys live: South Jersey5.How did you guys meet: myspace.com...not so unique anymore..lol6.Is your FI latino: Yes, he's 100% Puerto Rican... although since we live in South Jersey, everyone thinks he's black because of his dark complexion.7.How old are you guys: FI is almost 31 and I'm 298.How long have you been together: Over 3 years9. Wedding date: October 18, 200910. Latino elements to the wedding: Spanish music (Merengue, Salsa, Bachata, y Reggaeton) and my FI might give a Spanish dance lesson to our non-Latino guests11. Speak Spanish: Unfortunately no, well, solo un pocito.  I understand it, can read and write it, and if I had to get by, I could speak the basics... My fiance is about one step up from me....only he doesn't have the same excuse I use of being half white...for not knowing it fluently.Mrs. Leon and lalana...I see you don't live far from me.  Have you hired a DJ yet?  I'm still trying to find one familiar with Latin music.  Can you recommend yours if you have one?Nice to meet everyone.  Hope to chat with all of you some more.
  • edited December 2011
    Meant Lalanav instead of Lalana...my mistake.
  • edited December 2011
    Oopss again....I meant Vivaladiva405, not Mrs. Leon.  Mrs. Leon...LA is a little too far for me to ask you about your DJ...lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Myspacelove/Rachel, no I don't have a dj yet!  That's next on our list actually, we're going to start setting up appointments and interviewing djs to see if we can find one that's experienced with Spanish music...my dad said he's going to ask his friend, whose daughter used a dj who played primarily spanish music, so if I get that name I'll give it to you! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really late, but didn't see this board added when TK went board crazy.  It's about time we have this! 1. Name: a variation of Yesenia2.Fiance's Name: Matt3.Proposal: in Ohio while llama trekking4.Where you guys live: Indianapolis 5.How did you guys meet: match.com6.Is your FI latino: no7.How old are you guys: I'm 30, he's 348.How long have you been together: over 3 years
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • edith84edith84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HOLA ATODAS LAS LATINAS =) My name is Edith and Im from North Carolina and sorry for the late post. I didnt realize that we had this board..yayyyy its nice to know about it! 1.Name: Edith2.Fiance's Name: Feliciano3.Proposal: At my Parents house when he came and visit me from California =) (He asked my dad for my hand like old fashion way...I wasnt expecting it like that lol)4.Where you guys live: Well i live in Charlotte, Nc and my FI lives in Monterrey, Ca (i know we have a very long distance relationship but we manage to fly 2-3 times a month across the state lol)5.How did you guys meet: We met thru Myspace 3 yrs ago and started as friends for 3 1/2 yrs and then we decided to take the next step =)6.Is your FI latino: Yes (100% Mexican)7.How old are you guys: Fi is 28 and I'm 258.How long have you been together:  2 years9. Wedding date: March 20, 2010 (3 days b4 my bday)10. Latino elements to the wedding: Bilingual ceremony and Reception. Latin music and so on. Our wedding is going to be very Multiculture bc of our friends/family we are going to have guest from all over yayyyy =)11. Speak Spanish: Yes we both do =)
  • juangelajuangela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls, I'm totally late on this one, but my girl Munkii brought a link to our October 09 board and I had to check it out! I am white, but my FI is latino and I'm really excited to maybe get some help in bring some traditions into our wedding since FI's family has been very little help :(.1. Name: Angela2. Fiance's Name: Juan Carlos3. Proposal: My parents living room on Christmas morning4. Where do you guys live: just outside of Washington, DC5. How did you guys meet: a yahoo! music chatroom, we were discussing music 6. Is your FI latino: yes, half Colombian half Salvadorean7. How old are you guys: I'm 27, he is 268. How long have you been together: 5.5 years
  • edited December 2011
    1.Name: Olga2.DH's Name: Chris3.Proposal: When I came to visit from Ecuador, the day before I left4.Where you guys live: Las Vegas5.How did you guys meet: Online :)6.Is your DH latino: No, he is Phillipine, I am Ecuadorian 100% born and raised7.How old are you guys: DH is 35 and I'm 34 LOL8.How long have you been together: Over 5 years9. Wedding date: May 20, 200610. Latino elements to the wedding: Bilingual ceremony, latin food, latin music, we also had phillipine traditions mixed in there.11. Speak Spanish: Yes, fluently, DH is learning, and our daughter is learning too (she is 2 :)
  • edited December 2011
    lalanav...posting you a personal message on this board...
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone, sorry for responding so late. I just found this board today and I was on vacation for 5 weeks. 1. Name:Jennifer 2.Fiance's Name: Jorge 3.Proposal: Maryland, February 2005 4.Where you guys live: CT 5.How did you guys meet: We met on a chat website called Migente.com 6.Is your FI latino: Yes, he's Puerto Rican and I'm 1/2 Guatemalan & 1/2 Nicaraguan. He speaks it fluently but unfortunately I don't. I had a speech problem when I was a small child. I can understand some and speak a tad bit. 7.How old are you guys: I'm 34 and he's 35 8.How long have you been together: We've been together for almost 5 years but have been legally married for 3 years. We have a 3 year old daughter. Latino Elements: We want to incorporate cuisine from his nationality as well as mine. We are having thinking about incorporating the lasso, arras, and wearing a mantilla veil. Our ceremony will be bilingual. Spanish music will be played like salsa, merengue, bachata, and reggaeton. I also want to do a candy bar with candies from our countries. Woohoo for the latino wedding board! This is going to now be my favorite spot :)
  • MrsLeonMrsLeon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey ladies!!sorry i've been mia! my abuelita passed away on august 10th.  how is wedding planning going for everyone? hope all you guys are well!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Name: Karla 2. Fiancee's Name: Joey 3. Proposal: Our house, Christmas 2008 4. Where do we live: Upstate NY 5. How did we meet: My job, where he was a subcontracted 6. Is my FI latino: No, 100% Hot Italian 7. How old are we: I'm 28, He's 33 8. How long have we been together: 4 yrs.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't see the rest: 9. Wedding date: April 29, 2010 10. Latino elements to the wedding: ME! Some music but it's in St. Lucia, that's tropical like me. 11. Speak Spanish: Yes and FH is learning, He's got all the food and curse words down pact!
  • Sra.PerezRiosSra.PerezRios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Name:Yara 2.Fiance's Name: Roberto Enrique 3.Proposal: March 17th 2008. He just got home from work and was taking a shower and asked me to go grab something for him out of the dresser in the bed room. I opened the dresser drawer and there was the ring in a box with a love note written on pink paper LOL just happened to be right there on top of all of his clothes! 4.Where you guys live: NY (capital District area) 5.How did you guys meet: We met in Utah. I was friends with a bunch of people that he had come to live with when him moved to this country. So I met him at the house of his roommates. we later moved to NY. 6.Is your FI latino:yes, he was born and raised in Puebla Mexico... he is just now starting to learn English 7.How old are you guys: he's 23 and im 25 8.How long have you been together: since early 2006 so far we dont have a wedding date picked out yet... things keep distracting us. we need to get his id straightened out. we had a baby in utah... we moved to ny (my family is all out here) and we just had another baby... but we are leaning twords next fall as wedding time. FI speaks spanish and is learning english... and i took spanish in schoool but really learned it fluently for him.... i wanted to date him but i had to be able to understand him too... as far as latino elements to the wedding we dont know yet... we are just now starting to plan things.
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Name: Rosa 2.Fiance's Name: Ricardo 3.Proposal:The real one kinda hasn't happened one day in bed he said bay, we never breaking up we in it forever, i said i know! he goes 2011 that the year i want our wedding 4.Where you guys live: NNJ 5.How did you guys meet: Through mutual friend 6.Is your FI latino: Yes Dominican like me Baby 7.How old are you guys: Fi is 25, Rosa is 22 8.How long have you been together: Over 6 years 9. Wedding date: Hopefuly 11/11/11 10. Latino elements to the wedding: Bilingual ceremony, we actully want our whole theme to be dominican republic but like old school era Trujillo era(if any dominican's here they should know what this means 11. Speak Spanish: Yes, fluently so does FI and like the other Knottie said so will our kids!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards