Gay Weddings

Hi!

I am new and wanted to introduce myself. My partner Karen and I are getting married in Boston May 18, 2010 then having a ceremony and reception in Port Orange, FL May 22, 2010. We wanted both a quiet wedding and a big bash.

Re: Hi!

• Stiney358Stiney358 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm new the board, too. My partner and I are doing the same thing. Getting married in Boston with our families and friends that are willing to make the trip then have our reception at home in Jacksonville.Do you have family in Boston? Thankfully my partner is from Mass. so it'll be ALOT easier. Congrats on the wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I am new to the board also - my partner  and I are getting married in Vegas April 13, 2010 - we're so excited!!  We're from Canada, so we can do it legally here then go to vegas for a big bash with our friends/family.Congrats to you both!m
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also getting married near Boston, but our wedding is on October 6 of this year.  We're then having a big reception three days later back home in Washington, DC, at which we will show a video of the ceremony.  We didn't so much want the quiet wedding as feel like we couldn't ask large numbers of people to make the trek up to Massachusetts.
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome newbies! how weird that two of you are having such similar weddings!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • pdeannawpdeannaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have any family in Boston we wanted to get married in Canada but we are having some issues with that so we decided to bypass it all and go to Boston. Also we have never been to Boston so we will take in some sights.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told my partner I wanted to get married at the Museum of Science in Boston and she laughed. :P Our tiny budget will give us something small close to New Bedford where she's from.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to have our Florida wedding in Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach but our budget is too small to have it there. We are just getting married by a JOP in Boston.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    E's friend was telling her how her and her husband wanted to get married in the New Bedford Whaling Museum. She knows people on the board and even then it was 10k just to walk through the door with a wedding. I almost had a stroke at that price.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aw thats terrible for a couple of people and the price is ridiculous.
  • amyandmereamyandmere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say welcome! I am from, and getting married in Boston to my amazing partner in 67 days (so soon!)... if you have any Boston related questions, let me know! Congrats again :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! My partner and I are getting married in Maryland. Though its not legal here we are still doing it... We thought about going to CT but decided it was not important. Let me know if you need any DIY help.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fitzhughh, I'm TOTALLY looking for some DIY info. I'm trying to do as much ourselves as possible because our budget is miniscule.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bio has lots of DIY information, if you are interested.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out my Bio for DIY ideas. If you need help with something you do not see. My aunt has done 5 DIY family weddings. She has been a big help to Meg and I. There is also a board specific to DIY. I sometimes stalk it for new ideas.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
  • edited December 2011
    It's so great to see that so many of you are coming to Boston to get married! Sorry in advance for our overpriced city but it really is a great place. For all of you who still don't have gay marriage in your states...hold on, I'm sure things will come around eventually! Congrats to all and good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards