Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

BANDS!

I am looking for a fun (and entertaining) band for a New Orleans wedding reception. I'd like some of the fun wedding music, but maybe some jazz and more recent music as well-- a wide spectrum, I know, but mostly just one that is good and will show my guests a good time! Any ideas?

Re: BANDS!

• Options
    jamielisacjamielisac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Louisiana Spice.  www.louisiana-spice.com
  • Options
    becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Bucktown Allstars! We also liked Mojeaux, Groovy 7, and Deacon John & the Ivories. The good news is that there are so many good bands in NOLA that you really can't go wrong! Good luck.
  • Options
    meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE wanted the Bucktown all stars but they were booked 1 1/2 years in advance for my wedding day. SO we went with Bobby J and the Stuff Like That Band and they were AWESOME!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ashnkev421ashnkev421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked No Idea...i havent personally heard them play, but my family did and they liked them a lot!!! they said they really engaged the guests as well as played great music from all sorts of genres!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coolbone Brass BandSunpie Barnes and the Louisiana Sunspots.We booked Sunpie for our wedding but we also considered Coolbone.  Sunpie does a lot of zydeco/Louisiana style music and is major fun...not your typical wedding band (no "Brick House" for sure!) which is exactly what we wanted.  Great price too, under $2000 for three hours.  Check out his myspace, he also plays often at Dos Jefes on the weekends.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mojeaux!! Best band i've heard by far and funnest wedding I've ever been to! I wish I could ahve gotten them for mine :(
  • Options
    w0231509w0231509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    summerbreeze is pretty good!!!!!! very fun and personal!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards