Texas-Austin

Anyone have reviews for Hyatt Lost Pines, Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center, or Lakeway Resort?

I am going to check out Hyatt Lost Pines, the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center, and Lakeway Resort to have both my ceremony and reception.  Any comments on these places?

Re: Anyone have reviews for Hyatt Lost Pines, Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center, or Lakeway Resort?

• edited December 2011
    I visited Lost Pines and Lakeway Resort.  Both are beautiful.  At Lakeway I absolutley loved the location and the 'glass ballroom' ( I think that is what it is called ) is breathtaking.  It was a little expensive plus the woman told me that the ballroom was too large for my size of wedding.  I did not like the smaller reception sites.

As for Lost Pines, it had a log cabin feel, which was not my favorite.  But there is so much to do there and the ballrooms are nice.  I didn't fall in love with any of the ceremony sites.

I ended up choosing Horseshoe Bay Resort in Marble Falls.  Check it out if you get a chance.  Prices are really good, and actually reminds me of a more' tropical' Lost Pines
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing ours at LBJ Wildflower Center.  The place is soooo pretty, and every wedding I've ever seen out there is gorgeous.  They do have a limited catering list (Circle C will wind up being their cheapest option.)  And the events manager, Wade, is kinda rude.  I just avoid interacting with him since their weekend manager (who will be there that day) is great.  PM me if you have any questions about them.
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at Lakeway Resort, in the "glass ballroom" and it was beautiful.  Amazing views of the lake from the balconies and inside the ballroom.  The food was good and the service was seamless.  Possibly the only drawback was that it was kind of far out, and kind of a pain to drive home late at night.  But, it was a destination wedding for the bride and groom's families and most of the friends, so most people just stayed at the resort for the night.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married recently at the Wildflower Center and it was really beautiful. They do have a restricted caterering list but you should be able to find a good option. I used Austin Catering and they were fantastic. The food was amazing.

The worst thing about the WFC is that there is not much of a rain plan. So, if you want to get married outside, it's a risk. They don't allow tents so you would have to have the entire thing in the gallery. Otherwise, the only surprise for me was that there was not much of a breeze in the courtyard, where we held the ceremony and reception. I might have considered a giant fan discreetly off to the side. But otherwise it was fantastic! It's a beautiful place.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I visited Lost Pines over 2 weeks ago now and we have still yet to receive a price quote. I have emailed the director and she informed me that she had the wrong email address and that she would be sending me a price quote.... this was a week ago.
         As for the venue, it was really nice. There was a million kids running around but I'm sure that would calm down in the evening. We WERE very interested but I just feel like it was very bad business to treat us this way and I would hate to feel this way on our big day!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG i'm so glad to hear this about the LBJ event person, Wade. I have had the hardest time working with him, and I thought it was just me! I try to be overly nice in my email, but he is so rude that I cringe when I check my inbox lol! Johnny, the PM guy, is very nice though, thank goodness! Ours isnt until next fall, so it looks like im stuck with Wade for awhile!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards