Missouri-St Louis

Reserving Hotel Block- Help!

I will need to reserve a couple of hotel block for our guests because most will be coming in from out of state.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

It would be AWESOME if they had a shuttle that could bring people to the ceremon/reception also.  Everything is happing in Affoton, so not downtown.  I still want people to stay downtown since it seems like the best experience but maybe not the best deals.

Suggestions?  We are getting married Octoober 22 and invites are going out soon, so I have to lock this down!

Re: Reserving Hotel Block- Help!

• edited December 2011
    I would suggest just calling around the downtown hotels if that's the area you're interested in. I think you may run into trouble with the shuttle thing...because alot of the hotels only shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, but you never know. Figure out what price range you'd like to stay in for your guests and see if the hotels can offer you enough of a discount to merit blocking rooms with them. Also, make sure you ask questions like, will they place OOT giftbags in the rooms, and what's the fee? Is free breakfast included in the rate? What rooms would the block cover (double queens, kings, river/arch views, etc) and when the cancellation date would be for your guests to book by. Good luck. 
    Photobucket Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would bet most hotels downtown are booked already for that weekend. It is Wash U's parents weekend and the Rock n roll marathon. My wedding is that weekend and our reception is at the zoo. I got blocks of rooms reserved in March at the Chase and Drury in Forest Park and both hotels were almost full when I called.

At most weddings I have been to that had a shuttle between the reception and the hotel, it was provided by the bride and groom, not the hotel. You could book a shuttle through a limo company.

I would suggest calling hotels ASAP
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • eck036eck036 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed that it will be difficult to find a hotel with a shuttle, most of the ones downtown do not.
  • curliegirliecurliegirlie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your event is in Afton, consider the hotels on Lindbergh like close to Watson or the Holiday Inn at 55. A shuttle will be hard to find as most shuttles Are used for corporate guests. We rented a small shuttle bus and our guests we driven to the venue and back to the hotel. We only paid for an hour for pick up and another hour for drop off. It worked very well.
  • curliegirliecurliegirlie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your event is in Afton, consider the hotels on Lindbergh like close to Watson or the Holiday Inn at 55. A shuttle will be hard to find as most shuttles Are used for corporate guests. We rented a small shuttle bus and our guests we driven to the venue and back to the hotel. We only paid for an hour for pick up and another hour for drop off. It worked very well.
  • Kelly1029Kelly1029 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have a wonderful recommendation for you to accommodate your guests for your wedding weekend. The Cheshire is an iconic hotel in St. Louis which offers an ideal location for your guests to not only access the numerous attractions our city has to offer, but also offers immediate highway access making travel to and from your wedding easy!

The Cheshire sits at the southwest corner of Forest Park, is a short drive to downtown St. Louis and has just undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. The Cheshire offers luxurious and comfortable accommodations complete with a wide variety of services and amenities for your guests to take advantage of. Check them out at cheshirestl.com or contact Kelly Kener at kkener@lhmchotels.com for help with your accommodation needs!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

• rweiss07rweiss07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ask your venue if they work with anyone
  • edited December 2011

I did the Holiday Inn Select (which has been redone and is super nice!) and the Pear tear in at Union Station.  Both were around $100 a night.  I don't know if they have shuttles though...just recommended transportation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards