Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:abe62868-ded2-41ca-b74d-31a960f3c37e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Would it be better for you guys to have separate accounts but both contribute to a joint 'house/bills' account? Then you each contribute a percent of your income for bills, but the rest you can spend however you please?
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I would love this, but it wouldn't fly with him.  He's very old fashioned that he thinks we should have joint accounts and everything that we own is ours and all that.  It's not a big deal, we are just working on our budget and as long as we both stick to it, then it'll be fine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:6758c6f4-de70-4869-a7df-69c061007091">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I would be near homocidal over that.  There needs to be another NC GTG once you move. 
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>He's gotten a few earfulls from me about it. He's lucky he's not here for me to give him a purple nurple in his sleep. </div><div>
    </div><div>And yes. Yes there does.

</div>
  • Amy, I didn't tell H until I told him about having to remove it because it was stuck.  Even then, I'm sure that he didn't want to know.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:1ff84f5e-cc3e-4a3a-b49f-7e16c4c01de4">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Ohh see I heard it was very similar.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Oh, no the story lines are pretty much the same, but it's so modern that it doesn't feel like the same movie, KWIM?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:cb8aadd4-2972-4cef-8d45-c457b33c61cf">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Nope, just he is quitting and going back to school. I'll still be working. I'm not that crazy! We're both on my work health insurance policy, and it's a good one, but thousands of dollars of bills will still be a lot of money for us on one income. When I crunched the numbers I'm making just enough for us to get by.
    Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]

Hmmm must be someone else around here then. I remember reading they were both going back to school in the fall and basically living off loans.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:87e927cf-781e-4071-9382-54fbcabd03d9">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I'm not married yet and even I think this is stupid. You just said yourself you like reading what the married ladies say. 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to be stupid. They wanted to get the thread going. I agree with the majority of the posts and some of the newbs are pretty oblivious. Now I will go back to my lurker corner and chuckle at the snarky comments that help me make it through my day.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Here's another one: I just got an email from the district that our local HUD is offering any qualified educator in my district a home in the city for 50% off the current value of the home. We would enter into a drawing and the winner would be able to own a home for $47,500 and would get FHA backing and only have to pay $100 down payment which includes closing.

The address is about a half mile from where we currently rent a house, and I did the math, and if I'm right, our mortgage would be about half of what we pay in rent, and that is including insurance and taxes. I want to enter, but I'm thinking FI would not be too happy if we won and it was a house he didn't like. My chances are probably piss poor, but still. I want to own so damn bad!! And it would solve any financial problems we would have if I don't get a job for the next school year.
  • I confess that I hate being dependant on H's income right now.  I know it would be impossible for me to work once I start school, but this summer I feel like such a bum.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:83839be4-65f6-4d27-af50-b0135cd54f6b">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I think this is my issue, too. It's just the same thing over and over again.  I will admit I liked all the Final Destination movies for the most part.  The last one came full circle back to the beginning.

I agree Edie - it's the lack of creativity; we won't think of anything new just redo something else.

Cfas - I'm sure the new Spiderman will be good - I just don't get why there has to be another one.  The Toby McGuire ones aren't THAT old.

• I would also never see a remake of Dirty Dancing.

Confession, I'm pissed a FI.  His dad is a police officer and carries a gun with him when he is off duty as well.  He had it at FSIL's wedding and FI will not talk to him and ask him to leave it at home for our wedding and RD.  is it just me or is it totally inappropriate to bring a gun to a wedding?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:29e28483-39de-4c02-be48-9f4d560a29a7">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amy, I didn't tell H until I told him about having to remove it because it was stuck.  Even then, I'm sure that he didn't want to know.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Ha now I'm REALLY nervous :)
  • eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:3c49bd68-c68b-40e7-8bcc-012867ad0c43">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is an UnPop Op in my house .. I love Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures. Because I love ghosts, travel, and I find it hilarious how they always yell, "DUDE! I totally have goosebumps, bro!" My H mocks me horribly for it. Can you tell I'm reaching?
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm late to this but I love Ghost Adventures. Zak Bagans is such a douche but I love him. He is so obnoxious it's funny. I love Aaron too. He makes the stupidest faces. Have you watched the documentary? </div><div>
    </div><div>I confess that I officially haven't had a job in a year. I feel useless. It's my own damn fault though. I have been so unmotivated lately. I am not proud of myself. </div>
  • You all are moving too fast for me! I feel like I'm back in my lurker days.
  • Havanah nights was one of the worst movies of all time. 

Nobody puts Baby in the corner.  *Swoon*. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:be56a10c-5950-492e-86a1-a6d166a62e38">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trashy, did you guys work through his texting other women thing? That was you, right?
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

That was me. We are in a much better place. Things aren't perfect. I haven't actually said to his face that I forgive him, but I'm kind of feeling like I have. I had free counselling sessions through my work's EAP and we used them up. We could continue going and pay for them, but she agreed that we were on the right track and she didn't think we needed to keep coming at this point. So we'll probably have a "check up" session in a couple of months just to make sure things are still improving.

It was seriously messed up for a while, and I still can't (and don't want to) think about the actual incident, but H has made some big changes and I am slowly believing him that nothing like that will ever happen again. He really did everything right after all that mess. I just wasn't sure if I could accept it and trust him again. To be honest, for a while there I wished my H and Bay's H were switched. She needed him to work harder and I kind of wished that my H acted like a douche so I could just dismiss the whole situation.

That was long. We are not perfect but we are getting back to a good and healthy relationship and I am so very happy about that.
  • Because we're too married and mean, clearly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0ab402b5-f4fd-449d-8e5a-47eca07a7f3f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would also never see a remake of Dirty Dancing. Confession, I'm pissed a FI.  His dad is a police officer and carries a gun with him when he is off duty as well.  He had it at FSIL's wedding and FI will not talk to him and ask him to leave it at home for our wedding and RD.  is it just me or is it totally inappropriate to bring a gun to a wedding?
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm probably really biased, but we had some on-duty officers stop by to say hello at our reception. They were most definitely packing. I find it a little odd that your FFIL carries all the time, but both my dad and FIL are cops and carry pretty often. </div><div>
    </div><div>I can't remember if they were carrying at our wedding. I really don't think it's a <em>huge </em>deal, but maybe a little weird that he is so into carrying his gun. Why won't FI talk to his dad?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0ab402b5-f4fd-449d-8e5a-47eca07a7f3f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would also never see a remake of Dirty Dancing. Confession, I'm pissed a FI.  His dad is a police officer and carries a gun with him when he is off duty as well.  He had it at FSIL's wedding and FI will not talk to him and ask him to leave it at home for our wedding and RD.  is it just me or is it totally inappropriate to bring a gun to a wedding?

Maybe because I grew up in a cop family, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. There will be several cops at our wedding, and I fully expect several of them to be carrying.

As long as they are responsible with it (not running around showing it off), it's NBD to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0ab402b5-f4fd-449d-8e5a-47eca07a7f3f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:

For an off-duty cop that has it on him all the time, I don't think that's inappropriate. I am pretty comfortable with guns, though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:366b4e5c-5c25-4036-830d-f96cc7bd3f57">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This opinion may not be that unpopular, or I may get flamed to high heaven, but I really do not and will never understand naming one's child Nevaeh. It's only on my mind because a woman at the grocery store yesterday was yelling for her little girl to come back from down the aisle, and that was the name she was yelling. I just don't get it.  I know there are lots of variables and social and cultural issues that go into naming children, but Nevaeh is just ridiculous to me. 
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]

I am in the process of cleaning out our files at work - I came across Tequila and Tekila yesterday. 

I am of the opinion that there are some people who decide their kids names while they are drunk or stoned. 

What drives me crazy is when a parent comes up with some funkya$$ spelling of the name, then gets pissed that you get the kid's name wrong. 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:50ff129c-07c7-4f9f-8427-130c7a1d94f6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I'm late to this but I love Ghost Adventures. Zak Bagans is such a douche but I love him. He is so obnoxious it's funny. I love Aaron too. He makes the stupidest faces. Have you watched the documentary?  I confess that I officially haven't had a job in a year. I feel useless. It's my own damn fault though. I have been so unmotivated lately. I am not proud of myself. 
    Posted by eorea[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Where have you been, pretty lady? We miss you in the evening.

</div>
  • She's just using us for her play things cfaz. Throw something inflammatory out, then run away and watch the fire. It's like throwing a molotov cocktail.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:15c886b8-272f-4026-b24e-88fd2e6b1120">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sparent, which series do you think are well done?

As gross as it is Saw was pretty well done. Especially starting at 3 there story really started to develop.

I watch mostly children movies though. After taking a movie class I got into a bad habit of analyzing movies and it kind of ruined movie watching for me.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Some of the newborns' names that I had to draw when I worked at the hospital made me sad for humantiy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:e17c346f-9697-48a1-87fe-e3942abcbb1c">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's just using us for her play things cfaz. Throw something inflammatory out, then run away and watch the fire. It's like throwing a molotov cocktail.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

That wasn't so much of a molotov cocktail as it was a sparlker though.  She should have been way more offensive if she was trying to get us riled up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:e5bf5b5d-5674-43d5-85d9-51636e54e019">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I hate being dependant on H's income right now.  I know it would be impossible for me to work once I start school, but this summer I feel like such a bum.
    Posted by kcscejal[/QUOTE]

I'm a little nervous about this.  I've always had my own income, and up until this job I was always the one who made more money.  Now I'm not going to have any income, but I know it's better for me to get school out of the way instead of going half time for a million years.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:8067f9ca-fb6d-4a46-b999-51400614c897">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : For an off-duty cop that has it on him all the time, I don't think that's inappropriate. I am pretty comfortable with guns, though.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I see it as NBD.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I did not grow-up around guns, so I'm not sure what is normal.  Last time they had dinner at our house when we sat down at the table to eat he unclipped it from his belt and put it on the table. that just makes me uncomfortable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:4db2a1bd-4610-47c5-9961-fcecb6270e73">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Havanah nights was one of the worst movies of all time.  Nobody puts Baby in the corner.  *Swoon*. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

I have a visual now in my head of Johnny/Patrick, shirtless, in those tight black pants...
    Anniversary
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Maybe it's because I don't have any cop family or friends, but I woudn't be comfortable with a gun at my wedding. I'm sure nothing would happen, but I wouldn't like it. I'm not comfortable around guns though. My dad is a gun enthusiast, and has been known to carry (he has a permit, so it's legal) if he has to go into a bad area or a bad situation, like one time he had to go rescue my sister from her abusive boyfriend.. but I wouldn't be cool with him bringing one to the wedding.

ETA - abusive EX-boyfriend now, to be clear.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards