Wedding Etiquette Forum

I was banned :(

While in knot purgatory I kept a journal.Day 1: Not too bad in here. Kinda dark and smells like old pizza, but its only three days. I can handle it.Day 2: Wow, has it only been a day? It seems like forever. No windows in the room, so I think its daylight. At least they took off the shackles.Day 3: I have begun to pass the time by rocking back and forth in the fetal position singing 'Jesus loves me.' I chewed off my left arm, I'll probably regret that later. They should be letting me free any day now. Woo!I got a three day ban because apparently many lovely ladies on my local board took offense to my signature picture of me in a shooting range. I lost my First Amendment right because I exercised my Second Amendment right. Ironic, no?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I was banned :(

• I copied and pasted the thread that did me in. The mod deleted it. So no, if the thread is deleted, your 'report' clicks dont go away.http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=61655341I still dont know how I got banned so quickly and the CC troll was being reported for days.
  • Wait...you got banned because of a signature picture?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I got banned for too many report clicks. Based on my sig picture. Some people cant tell the difference between someone with a gun to kill people and someone with a gun to defend themselves against the former.
  • Yeah, but I thought they reviewed the reports before they banned people? That's kinda ridiculous.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I've learned that the knot people are a bunch of lying liars. I had to be a nestie. It was rough.
  • Nope, automatic 3 day suspension if you get enough report clicks
  • I was let back 'cause I served my time. Please dont hit report on me, or I'll have a perma-ban :( I'll email Knot Annie later tonight, I'm on lunch break now.
  • jessjo~ the pic is awesome, some people are to uptight.
  • That thread was funny.I wonder if they were able to pull their panties out from their buttcracks.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Jess, I'm not really sure how much I'm allowed to say, but FWIW, there is a mod board, and all I'm going to say is some of the mods felt only the posts should've been deleted.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Whits are you a mod?

The Margarita Evolution
  • You're shooting a presumably legally obtained and operated firearm in a presumably safe firing range, and got banned for that??  Huh.  I'm not a huge fan of guns either, but if they're used in the right time and place (shooting range, hunting), I see nothing wrong with them.Bannings need to be reviewed before enacted, perhaps they should actually read the threads that cause the bannings before throwing the banstick around.  Maybe get rid of the automated report banning.
  •  I think everyone was very sensitive considering the shooting. Regardless,your sig pic should not have been just cause for a banning. I'm sorry that happened to you Jess.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • haha... Nova, you totally should.  But you see, it's different because YOU were in the military! *eye roll*I'm sure I've got a photo of myself as a three year old running around with a giant butcher knife.  I should find that next time I'm at home and scan it.  Wish I had it now, actually.  (And no, I don't know why my parents thought it was better to take a picture of me with the knife before taking it away)Those girls were completely over-reacting and being dramatic.
  • I don't think you should have been banned for your sig pic, but I think I understand why ppl were a little sensitive.  You're posting on the board that's local to where the shootings at the gym just happened, and some of the girls on your board use that gym, as do their friends.  It just hit a little close to home.I think you should be able to use your sig pic, but I also don't think a little understanding would hurt, either.  So, for example, when you suggested that some of the women who were killed could have defended themselves with a gun like yours instead of dying (during an aerobics class, no less) - you have to know that that's just inflamatory.Carrie
  • It's only the internet, it's only the internet, it's only the internet.  

The Margarita Evolution
  • Where is the grenade launcher?
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • [img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/lrqmzb" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/lrqmzb</a>[/img]
  • Oh Lord, Champagne, you're adorable.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Heehee. I'm evil. And CS looks supa hot with a gun.
  • CS, what gun is that? FI told me US doesnt use AK47s.
  • Yeah. Just for the memphis board.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Well, i'll be. :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Sorry, you don't look tough.  I'm sure you could shoot my azz up, but I'd still want to pinch your cheeks while I'm bleeding. lol
  • Too lazy to read all the replies, sorry.  But WTF?  Is your local board a bunch of pearl clutching pansy azzes?  They find a pic o someone at a shooting range offensive enough to report?  Sorry, I would rather see that than pics of all these crazy psycho suicide mission killers.  Seems smart to know how to use a gun to protect yourself against the crazies.  But, the ones who reported you are probably the type to curl up and a ball and cry is they get so much as a hang nail.
  • Jess what is your handgun of choice?
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • I am good with a beretta .22, but that is only slightly bigger than a bb gun... so I'm going to try a 9 mm next time. My dad owns the guns FI and I shoot with, but we might get hanguns for a wedding gift :)
  • Jessjo - For what it's worth...I did not mean to ban you. It seemed like you were pushing buttons after I (and others) may have admittedly overreacted on a sad day. I did not hit the report button once, so I am imagining that I was not the only one that was upset by your comments. It was just that kind of day. I emailed Annie and told her that in no way at all did I want you banned from the knot. I apologize for that. Carrie had it right (thank you)... we were all very sensitive that day and were on edge. It just took a bit of poking for us to poke back. We don't know you so we didn't know how to react. Constitutional Rights put aside... we were just upset. I got a lot of breeze for it on the Mod board and maybe I deserve it, but I fessed up. Maybe I'll resign as a Mod over it because I feel pretty sh*tty about it all.No need to make fun of anyone no my board. We were all just feeling very sad that day. Our panties are usually of the unbunched variety. I just wanted to clear the air. Sorry again for the ban. That was not my intention.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards