Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Using Faux hair to supplement your bun/updo?

Where do you get it?Anyone have pics?I'm thinking of using some to add some volume to my bun. I have fine hair and my bun is kinda small.Any other ideas?

Re: Using Faux hair to supplement your bun/updo?

• I was considering doing this also and bought the jessica simpson extensions at ulta.  They were about $50 bucks at the time (a special sale).  I had a practice run with it in an updo and it matched my hair and looked like my hair.  I know a few others that used these.  I would suggest that if you do this have a practice run and wear it around as some people said the extensions were heavy.
  • Allure magazine mentioned "rats" in this month's issue; it's basically a sponge you put inside a bun to make it look bigger, you can get them at beauty supply stores.  I'll probably use one of those to make my updo bigger.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used one of those sponge things and extensions for my hair on the wedding day.  PIB of my hair under "The Day" and "Prof Photos"  My hair was the length to below my bra strap, and I have a lot of hair, so mine would look bigger than your hair if you used those same things.  When you look for hair extensions, use human hair, not acrylic.  You can color and curl human hair if you need to.
  • [IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/2e2kmiv.jpg[/IMG] there are two extensions that I made for fullness in my hair trial! Def worth the effort! I got my stuff at a local wig store....and sewed on clips to the top of the extensions.
  • I am using a "fun bun" it is fantastic and goes on easily over a ponytail.  I did have to order a couple before I got the right color - but I have a tough mix of red and blonde to match.  Google it, take a look at their site and when you find your color you can get one on ebay a little cheaper.  Good luck!  (oh - it was $13 - a lot cheaper than having to make time for and pay $50 + for a stylist on your big day)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards