Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Burlington, Iowa area...

Hello!My name is Alaura and my FI is Kyle- we are planning an Oct. 2010 wedding in Burlington.  I was wondering if their were any girls on here who are from that area..??  We have been engaged since April and I have been spending the summer wedding planning, so I would love to hear any recommendations for anything around here- I have nothing booked!  ahh!Thanks!

Re: Burlington, Iowa area...

• Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi uniquepinkink!  I'm from Mount Pleasant...just a skip away from you.  Sorry I'm just now responding I usually spend time on the Des Moines board since this one is really pretty quiet.  We are doing everything here in Mount Pleasant but I've been to a lot of weddings over in Burlington at the Pzazz and the Comfort Inn and Suites.  There are also a ton of parks and I believe the Howard Johnson is under new management, last time I knew that place had a big make-over and looked really really nice.  I'm not sure on your wedding style, but maybe if you tell me more what you are looking for I might be able to help.I really wanted to do have my dinner rehearsal on a river boat cruise on the Mississippi...but we didn't get to do that with our large group...and I'm not even sure if they have such a company that does that, but I thought it was a different and fun idea.  Good luck and congratulations on your engagement!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I'm just getting on the QC boards for the first time and just found your post from July. I grew up in Wapello, live in QC, and getting married in Burlington in May 2010. We are using the Event Center at the Pzazz for both our ceremony & reception. I chose that venue so the guests would have something to do during their downtime. It's a fun place for all ages. I had my parents' 40th wedding anniversary party there, reception style, with about 60 people last November and Teresa, the event coordinator at Fun City, was phenomenal! Food was great, awesome bar service, the space worked well for our group, and they were very accommodating to special requests. Everything went off without a hitch. So when my FI proposed two weeks later, I called Teresa and booked right away. I'm using Burlington in Bloom for my flowers, Country Cakes & Cookies for my cake (Morning Sun), Studio Classics for some of the reception decor (Danville), and Humphreys Sound for DJ (Winfield). We're using a QC vendor for photo & video - MI Studios - they do amazing work. We're doing the rehearsal dinner at The Townhouse (I think that's the name - my mom picked it out) down by the river. And we'll do a bunch of photos at the river on our wedding day. That pretty much summarizes what I've got going in the area. You're probably well on your way with your planning by now. Feel free to write if you have any questions or just need to vent. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies---

I'm also getting married in Burlington in September of 2010.  I would love to share ideas with both of you.  We're having our reception at Pzazz.  hrchick72, I really need help with decorating the event center at Pzazz.  What did you use for the other party you had there?  Also, what are you planning on for your wedding?  How about food?  Recommendations?  Thanks so much---hope that we can help each other out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards