Florida-North Florida

New to the board?

Tell us about you, FI and your wedding! Duncan's thread about the upcoming weddings made me realize that we have quite a few new knotties lurking around here that we don't know yet. :) Welcome to the board!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to the board?

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  Introduce yourself!
  • jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls, I've posted a few things and have looked at a lot of posts since getting engaged. This site has been really helpful and I enjoy reading the boards! If I was more tech savvy, I would figure out how to make a bio. Is it easy? maybe someone can give me some directions. I'm a pharmacist and my fiance is an engineer- he's more of of the computer geek in our relationship! not that you girls are geeks... you know what i mean. Anyways, I'm Jen, 29 and my fiance is Ryan 28. I live in Jax and he lives in Gainesville (long distance really sucks and we won't be living together until after we get married- long story !!) I used to feel wierd about telling people how we met, which was on My Space in Aug 2007. I actually made the first move and randomly emailed him (never had done that before). I used to just let things happen on their own in relationships, but as I got older I realized how much harder it was to find the right person. We're both very normal and Jewish which was very important to me. Both graduated from UF- go gators! We actually graduated on the same day and had our graduation dinners at the same restaurant that night. We also lived in the same dorm during the same year..I guess it was meant to be! He proposed to me on my birthday March 15 at Disney by planning an "Amazing Race" in Epcot. It was a complete surprise until the very end. The photo in my signature is in the courtyard in France where he popped the question. And yes I have fairy tale wings and pixie dust in my hair which they made me wear. I wasn't much of a disney person until the proposal, but I decided to incorporate a Cinderella theme to the wedding. I found "pixie dust" overlays for the tables and I'm keeping the colors white, silver, and lilac. I already have my dress (an Oleg Cassini ball gown), the photographer, band (it was tough deciding between band and dj), my save-the-dates (since it's Memorial Day weekend), favors (DIY fairy tale storybooks from Joanns that I'm going to fill with candy), picked out the bridesmaid dresses. I feel like I've done a lot, but yet there's still so much to do. I'm enjoying this whole planning process and have been more excited than stressed. I love being creative so I'm planning to add my own personal touches in the details. I figured out how to download the disney font and am going to use it for the placecards. There's a fine line between elegant and cheesy, so I'm trying to keep it elegant with a "fairy tale" theme. I hope this helps you get to know me. Sorry so long! Looking forward to hearing and sharing ideas with everyone over the next 10 months! Jen
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NoleBride10NoleBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive posted a bunch but I dont think Ive ever actually introduced myself. FI and I both go to FSU (both Education majors) but we met our freshman year of high school and have been together since (through 3 years of long distance while I lived in HI..long story). We have lived together for 3 years now (have been together for 7)and obviously had talked about marriage alot and went to look at rings. Well, I picked one out and FI proposed(a week later because he knew he wouldnt be able to keep it a secret) a little over a year ago at the Garnet and Gold game (spring football game). We are getting married at TPC Sawgrass(most of you know that) and we already have our photographer but thats about it. We are doing a brunch wedding since both of us are huuuge breakfast lovers (we eat breakfast for dinner all the time) and it definitely cuts down on costs. I already have my dress and we have chosen our bridal party and I thought I had decided on bridesmaids dresses but recently have decided I would like to keep looking. Our colors are yellow and navy and I mostly picture a preppy, summery wedding
  • edited December 2011
    Newer ladies- you know you're welcome at the GTG tomorrow too!!
    Honeymooning image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, both of you! It's always great to have new girls to talk with.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JenDawn was going to come but her FI will be in town. Yay for her...sucks for us! We said we would plan another one when she can attend. Welcome to both of you! JenDawn- Where is your wedding going to be?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! I'm not really new to the Knot, but I guess to your board I am. I've posted a few questions already, and did a semi-intro, but I'll say Hi again!I'm Jen and my FI is Corey we live in the Tampa area and were originally planning a Jan. 2011 wedding locally. However we are both really impatient and want to be married sooner so we decide to do a much smaller ceremony in St. Augustine (one of our fav. weekend getaways.) So we will hopefully be getting married in Jan. 2010, if I can ever get things figured out :) I don't have a lot of things decided yet and this is a new decision. We are considering both the Lightner Muesum Courtyard or the Castillo de San Marcos ( the wedding is going to be on a weekday so I should have my choice of either) for our ceremony and I'm lost as to where will have dinner. I just got my dress at the Running of the Brides sale in Chicago and it was a blast. My FI is a TV producer, I'm an Admin Assistant and currently unemployed (it stinks getting laid off) We have been together for a little over 3 years, however I've know him since I was 12 (he was my first BF and first kiss). I'm so very glad to finally be getting married to him (hey i've been imagining this since I was 12 LOL)! Your bios and post have already help me find a few vendors to look into and I'm sure as I get closer to booking I'm be asking plenty more questions.
  • jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Sawgrass Marriott.  I wish I could come tonight to the GTG!  I hope we can plan another one soon.  Have fun tonight
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome everyone!Nolebride -- That is so cute he proposed at the garnet and gold game.  I remember last season during on of the regular games, a guy rented out the jumbotron and proposed to his girlfriend on there.  It was cute.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Girls!I think I need to introduce myself again.  I did long ago but I dont post too often so i'll re-introduce.  My name is Christa and my FI is Lee.  We live in Palm Coast.  We actually just bought a house there together in January.  I was born and raised here in Palm Coast and I love it here.  Lee comes from NE Pennsylvania and moved to FL in 2006.  I got to visit PA this summer and meet his family which was really nice.  I'd love to live there but we can't do without the waves.  We used to work for the same company in Palm Coast, we were both too shy to approach each other at work but I got really brave (lol)and sent him a msg on Myspace and we've been together since!  
  • NoleBride10NoleBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Navy- yea we are huge football fanatics (FI has a Nole tattoo) and so it fit us perfectly..he actually wanted to use the jumbotron but at the previous years game they didnt have it turned on so he didnt think that they would have it on that year either, and then they did. lol. You look insanely familiar and its been bugging me for weeks..what is your major?
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, ladies!
  • ashleylacourashleylacour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello ladies,I am fairly new to the board (I posted once about venues on the panhandle).  I met my FI while on a training in Copenhagen and we have been together ever since (we did long distance a year, moved to Hong Kong together in 2006, and then to Denmark last summer).FI and I got engaged on July 27 while vacationing in Panama City.  We went for breakfast at Red Bar in Grayton beach and afterwards he proposed while riding up on a white horse (he is European and has watched a lot of movies I guess... ha!).  Since we both are HUGE beach bums we will be having our destination wedding at Carillon Beach in Florida (we live in Denmark at the moment) in October of next year. We are hoping for laidback and casual where both sides of our families can use this as a vacation. We are super excited and I look forward to the board!Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards