Snarky Brides
Options

How was your weekend?

Mine was a-ok. I accomplished nothing. My house is a wreck. I didn't bake the 150 cookies I am supposed to do for my bro's wedding.But I did go boating with a group of girls from work, and got some pretty badass bruises from tubing on the boat. Just not any on the face, where my friend accidentally kicked me :)

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    Terrific, other than the oppressive heat and humidity
  • Options
    Went to a wedding Saturday where it poured, and the winds were insane.  Blissfully happy bride and groom, though, so it was still a beautiful wedding. Tomorrow I'm heading to the cottage for 4 days, my sister and I are painting the interior of the cottage in the mornings, then the afternoon will be spent on the beach
  • Options
    How was the tomato hunt, Fallin?
  • Options
    My weekend was low key. We had dinner Friday with Mike's fam at the most irritating local dive--Knuk n Futz-- with a headache inducing menu. All items are misspelled and end in zzzz. Wingzzz. Sammitchezzz.  Ribzzz. There was even something called Coop Poop (popcorn chicken). Ugh.Saturday we vegged out. Since I'm suffering from pretty much constant nausea I didn't feel like doing much. Made calzones. Sunday my parents came to hang out with Mags and Mike and I went to the pool for a bit.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    A bust, Sam.  Some regular tomatoes but no heirlooms yet.  Corn, however, was plentiful.
  • Options
    Hey, long lost friends!I had a lazy, drinking, do nothing weekend and enjoyed every second. It felt so good to walk into the house after being gone nearly 3 weeks that I couldn't imagine leaving to do anything else.
  • Options
    Mine was good, went up to the lake house in NH on Saturday. Weather was gorgeous. Decided to make an upholstered headboard yesterday. Went out to an awesome restaurant last night with a friend who is a cook at said restaurant. The food was amazing and we got 50% off since we were dining with one of the cooks.
    DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • Options
    Mine was good.  Friday was H's birthday, so I took him to dinner at the Palm - if you're near one, they do a pretty good lobster special in the summer - delish! Saturday we went baby furniture shopping, then ILs took us into the city for dinnerand a show.  We saw Hair.  Maybe I'm getting old, but I kept thinking, "freakin' patchouli-smelling, unkempt hippies!  Quit your whining.  If you really want to effect change, go to school for public policy, and get a job in Washington."
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Options
    Friday with Fenton, which did not disappoint.  Lunch with a friend on Saturday and then went out with my husband to a dively little punk bar that had the best vegetarian burger on the face of the earth.  And I'm an avid meat eater.  Sunday I made jewelry, watched episodes of the West Wing, and went to see Julie and Julia with a friend, which was one of my favorite movies in a long time.  Very different from the book, but not in a bad way.
  • Options
    Christin, I am hopping into my car right now for that veggie burger. Meet me in St. Louis. : ) Sat was my nephew's wedding. I LOVE his wife and it was just such a beautiful, family type day. Well, until my sister (his mom) got absolutely TRASHED out in the reception parking lot. There were a lot of emotions running high for her--she gets emotional when she is with his adoptive family and the woman who fostered him temporarily until he could be placed was there and that is TOUGH for my sis (she remembers giving him to her all too well.) Plus my sister's hopefully-soon-to-be-ex-douchebag-as-soon-as-he-stops-refusing-to-sign-the-papers was there and she really, really resented that. She understands that Matt and he are close, but Matt is HER son and she just wishes for a little, I don't know what you'd call it, solidarity? from Matthew. But H and I had a really fantastic weekend together since he was off work and after almost 3 years of marriage, I still can't believe how much I love him and how much fun we have together. awwww.
  • Options
    went to my cousins wedding in Maine, forgot my H's pants and had to stop on the way to buy a new pair.  Saw my first ever dollar dance, it lasted an hour.  Had a good time though, it's nice to see all of my extended family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We flew back Saturday and fored ourselves to stay up until 5pm. Yesterday we got stuff partially in order and went house shopping, the had PF Changs. I crashed at 7. wahoo!
  • Options
    Awww Tasty, that's so sweet. The I think the veggie burger was mostly white beans, but it had a lot of spice, and I guess it was fried becuase it was sort of blackened and really crispy all around the outside.  And I drank a cocktail called the "Metrosexual" with it.  I love drinking things I'm embarassed to order. 
  • Options
    Are you moving Winged?
  • Options
    But H and I had a really fantastic weekend together since he was off work and after almost 3 years of marriage, I still can't believe how much I love him and how much fun we have together. awwww. Yup, same sort of weekend for us...it was really nice to have a night with just the two of us, and I cannot believe how mushy it made my husband.
  • Options
    Well, I fought with my H all weekend.  so there.
  • Options
    Pretty good. Lots of thunderstorms and tornado warnings though. I could do without the humidity too (41C/106F today).
  • Options
    well you have us beat in spades on the hormone front, so I'm sure we can look past that and not declare you on the road to divorce, Expee. : ) My only issue this weekend was that H and I have totally different sleeping patterns and I'm up at 7:30 every morning. In a boring hotel room, that sucks. But the Holiday Inn had a REALLY nice continnental bfast and yummy coffee so I spent two hours lounging and writing emails downstairs to let him sleep a bit. I could bring my girlfriends and meet him in the hotel room.
  • Options
    yeah, I thought about that as I was typing it. YOU MUST CONFORM TO MY PREGNANCY STEREOTYPE. : ) Sorry. Men CAN be arseholes.
  • Options
    My weekend was awesome, except for the whole vacation ending thing. I would enjoy always being on vacation. Oh, and except for Will's temper tantrum in a diner in San Luis Obispo yesterday morning. Lorne had to take him out to the car while I got our food to go and paid the waitress. Some stupid old woman said, "Well, they do have to learn," snottily to me and I told her, "Look lady, he's a year old, my husband took him out so you could enjoy your stupid lunch, not to teach him a lesson about restaurant behavior." It's always fun to be snotty back to snotty people. Lorne suggested we bring Will back in so he could teach her a lesson about minding her business.

• Options
    it was ok, i got my husband back after a week of him being away in nashville, so that was a treat. we did a lot of shopping and shuffling things around the house. we also bought furniture. we are terribly indecisive furniture shoppers, so i'm glad we got stuff.
  • Options
    I didn't feel good, so we laid around and watched movies most of the time.  I made homemade "oreos" and PW's enchiladas on Saturday, which was a mistake in the long run but oh so good in the short run.  We saw Julie and Julia yesterday and loved it, and I got my necklaces from Christin Saturday and am obsessed with them.  So all in all a pretty good restful weekend, minus the feeling crappy stuff.I also got my test results back and will be having my gall bladder removed.  I was relieved when they told me, so I guess that's what I wanted.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    I broke down sobbing Saturday because my skin was hurting so bad and even laying in the bed was painful. Then, yesterday it felt better and today it hurts again. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow or Wednesday. I hate my body.
  • Options
    Weekend was good.  My husband and I did the movie swap.  I went to a movie early in the day, he went later.  We keep saying we will go see the same movie when we do this so we can discuss later, but he never seems to want to go sit in a girlie movie by himself.  Strange.He went out on Saturday night and I stayed at home to catch up on Dirty Sexy Money.  He got home late and then said he couldn't sleep at all.  Therefore, he was a big whiney baby all day yesterday.  Lucky for all of us that we just had to go to a family reunion with extended family that he doesn't know (in case sarcasm does not carry through the interwebz, ::insert sarcasm here::). 
  • Options
    I went to Houston for a Friday wedding, which was nice but we were seated at a table with 3 people who had no fewer than 2 masters degrees.  I've never felt so uneducated in my whole life, I couldn't contribute to their conversations at all and just kept staring at my plate and at the (mostly empty) dance floor to keep from making eye contact with any of them.  Oh and the DJ sounded like he should have been announcing the monster truck rally, rather than a wedding reception.  It was three parts horrid and one part mildly entertaining.But then we spent the rest of the weekend at my parents house.  It was nice because my mom and brother were out of town for a family wedding in Amarillo, so it was just me, J, and my dad.  That never happens, so it was nice to have some one-on-one time with my dad.  I think he really enjoyed it as well =)
  • Options
    Mine was good. Went to the gym and a luau on Saturday. Yesterday I did some cleaning and organizing and dug out my suitcases for vacation.  I also made several to-do lists for the week and hope I get everything done. I also laid on the couch and whined a little about cramps.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Had a good weekend. Friday night went to Shabbot(i'm really sorry if I spelled it wrong) services for my cousin who's getting married next weekend.  Her H's family is Jewish, so they had a blessing for the couple and then we got to throw candy at them. it was really nice.Sat I got my brows waxed and knitted a whole bunch to try to finish the wedding afghan for my cousin. Bought three new pairs of shoes for a crazy good price. Also took a 3 hr nap.Sunday saw GI JOE with H, and knitted some more. Also finished up the program for my cousin's wedding.All in all, good weekend, but busy yet relaxing.
  • Options
    shamwow, i knew you were down here but I did not realize you were from Houston.
  • Options
    winged- I'm not actually from Houston, but my parents live in College Station which isn't too terribly far. I'll also be back down in Houston on sept. 26th
  • Options
    I also got my test results back and will be having my gall bladder removed. I was relieved when they told me, so I guess that's what I wanted.The surgery itself really wasn't that bad, except for getting up to pee in the middle of the night the night after. I went to sit up and my abdominal muscles didn't work at all and I freaked out. When are you having it out?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards