New York-Hudson Valley

La Mirage, Cragsmoor Stone Church, Villa Borghese Opinions Please!

So we've narrowed our reception and ceremony venues options down to just a few. We're going to start visiting them next week. We're on a pretty tight budget, so its been hard finding someplace really nice that falls within our budget. These are the three that we are thinking about. Just wondering if you ladies could give me any opinions on the places we're thinking about?

1. Cragsmoor Stone Church
(For the ceremony, would have to find a place for the reception)

2. La Mirage
(for the ceremony and recpetion)

3.Villa Borghese
(for the ceremony and reception)

We are also considering the Poughkeepsie Grand, but I've already seen great reviews on this board about them so I know that people have a good opinion of them! Thanks!

Re: La Mirage, Cragsmoor Stone Church, Villa Borghese Opinions Please!

• tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I visited Villa....these are my thoughts
    seemed very cookie cutter.  needs updating.  we have several older family members, the stairs are just not happening for them and there's no elevator.  Just one set up bathrooms!!!!!  This was a huge one for us.  There were most likely be two events going on, say there's 100ppl for each event, we will give 50% women, that's 100 women all standing in line to use the bathroom. 

Good Luck.
    Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel we visited as well and loved, but due to a family issue we could not use. 
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Villa in May and was very pleased.  My only downfall was there was alot going on that day so the initial arrival was hectic but after that it was fine. I didnt feel like we got mixed up with the other party at all.

We were also on a tight budget so that really narrowed down our choices. I felt like I got alot for my money at the Villa along with a gorgeous wedding.

The food was delicious, my guests still rave about it. The service was great from start to finish, everyone was really friendly, easy to work with.  All in all I get that comment about the cookie cutter but its a catering hall its what they do, throw weddings.  IF you want something unique then I would say skip it.  We got married in a church so i cant speak to the ceremony part.  We had our cocktail hour in the new upstairs area with the terrace and it was beautiful!  Every thing truly was beautiful and set up everything I gave them just as asked.  Any question dont hestitate to reach out to me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards