Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Super excited about the cake???

Who is excited about their wedding cake? What is it going to look like? Who is your baker?

Re: Super excited about the cake???

• edited December 2011
    Mikes Amazing Cakes really are amazing!!  I love watching him on Food Networks Challenge.  He alwasy does great stuff!  And Colette Peters is awesome as well!!  She did some Christmas stuff with Martha Stewart once that was really neat.
  • edited December 2011
    I am way excited about my cake. I am having a baker friend of mine do it and she is really creative!! It's going to be 4 tiers (round) that look like stepping stones with a red carpet going down the side. Going down the sides of the red carpet is going to be werewolves, ghosts, witches, and at the top two vampires.
  • edited December 2011
    I am VERY excited about my cake! I first saw it featured on the show Cake Boss by Buddy Valastro (I think that's how you spell his last name LOL) and when I saw the show, I picked up the issue of Brides magazine that I had just picked up, and lo and behold, there it was on the last page! It's white buttercream with black delicate piping and sugar anemone flowers. Our wedding is black & white with touches of aqua, so this cake is perfect. Our baker is Melody Brandon of the Sweet & Saucy Shop in Long Beach, CA. I've been following Melody's blog for a couple years now, and she just opened her shop last weekend, so it's awesome to see her growing. When I got engaged, I knew exactly who I would hire for my cake vendor, because her work is stunning and totally fits the feel of my wedding. :)  
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards