North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Catering Fees

Hello!

I have a tentative meeting set up with a potential caterer and I noticed they have a $50 tasting fee.  I thought that seemed a little pricey (esp for just 2 people).  I am new to the area and I was wondering if that was normal for around here?

Thanks!

Re: Catering Fees

• That is not normal.  I would say give them the boot.  Most caterers I've met with didn't have a fee.
  • i've never heard of that, we were able to go to several awesome tastings with no fees at all. In my opinion your caterer is the most expensive thing for your wedding, they shouldn't charge you.

We are using Catering By Design in Cary, he cooked us every single course in our tasting, it was amazing and unexpected.  We also went to a delicious free tasting with Rocky Top Catering- they even had an open bar, cocktail hour and buffet dinner finished with cake!

• Yes, that seems weird that they would charge you.
    I would not do that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were charged for our cake tasting.  I wish it had made me run away.  
  • I paid $40 for a tasting and it was a very small amount of food, although pretty decent quality.  I was out of options so I emailed them to go ahead and sign the contract and never heard back from them.   I finally found another caterer and I am much happier with them.  Their tasting was free.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Catering Works has a free open tasting.  If you want a specific tasting just for two that's what cost $50.
    Rachel Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards