Ohio-Cincinnati

drees pavilion

I love the drees pavilion but they get booked SO far in advance. Does anyone know of a similar venue?

Re: drees pavilion

• edited December 2011
    A similar venue for size or location/view???
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    more location/view I guess.

Also love the fact that we are the only event going on that evening
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you want a view of the entire downtown? or just a view of downtown. That will say a bunch. Newport Aquarium has an event space with a view of the city - I dont know much about it though. I had mine at the Bell Event Center. You can still see downtown, however, not a panamoric view. I would check those locations and decide what kind of view you are looking for. Drees is pretty, but yes, they are booked forever in advance.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a really bad experience with Drees, and am very grateful I was able to cancel (93 days before the wedding!). 

That being said, maybe Paul Brown Stadium or the Westin might have what you're looking for.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Embassy Suites RiverCenter in Covington, KY. The City View room that our reception is being held in has wall to wall windows with a gorgeous panoramic view of the Cincinnati Skyline and the Suspension bridge! Not sure how many guest you are inviting, but once the room is remodeled (in the beginning of '10) the City View Room will accommodate 150 guests.

They do have a ballroom - with no windows or view - so you might or might not be the only event there that night???

HTH!

Anniversary
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Paul Brown Stadium. I went to a wedding and the view is spectacular. It's a great space too.  The Westin has a new banquet room that overlooks fountain square. It's beautiful, but their packages are pretty pricey (IMO).
    Maybe check out Longworth Hall, too. It's a very cool space and as far as I know, they still do weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Paul Brown is great for a view of the city- but I recommend the east room rather than the west.  We looked into Paul Brown but decided on another venue.  If I am remembering correctly both rooms have the same cost but the East room gets booked faster because the view is better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Bankers Club in Kentucky? They have a view of the city. Or I really liked Newport Aquarium... I don't know if they still offer it, but you can have your guests tour the aquarium during cocktail hour!

When we looked into Paul Brown they didn't let us put a hold on a date till the Bengals schedule was out... just a heads up. That only applies to dates Sept-Jan. :)

Oh what about the Freedom Center (National Underground Railroad)
  • klee.ski3406klee.ski3406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dilligaf,

Can you explain your problems with drees? I am having my reception there and that scares me thanks!
  • vlagroupievlagroupie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding and reception at the Drees and loved it! The only thing I didn't like was that the DOC didn't put our card box and gift table in a more visible location, but that is such a minor thing.  Otherwise, the day was flawless.  

As far as the Drees being booked up, look in to a Sunday or Friday night instead.  We had our wedding on Sunday and it was perfect and less expensive, just an idea.  
  • camden05camden05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Metropolitian club it is in KY and overlooks cincinnati skyline
  • edited December 2011
    klee- I sent you a PM.
  • klee.ski3406klee.ski3406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is a PM and how do I check it?
  • edited December 2011
    Private message.  It's on the left side of the screen under community links.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards