Wedding Etiquette Forum

'Fessions

Re: 'Fessions

• I just bought a new bathroom scale and found out today that the scale I've been using for the past 3 years is exactly 5 pounds off, in the bad direction. But I don't care and the tasty, fatty stir fry I just made justified me not caring.
  • Oh those pics are from the Viceroy where we got married:) But I do have a cute house that I tried to decorate like a boutique hotel. And a great balcony with a Moroccan lounge decor tat overlooks the strip.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • East - DH has been at his EMT course for 2 hours and has another 3 to go. I am going nuts here. I must be way too dependent.
  • There is nothing to be jealous over, they loosened the requirements for NYT and a lot of people who normally wouldn't get in are.  I did not want to be in it and we would have scored high based on both of our educations, I'm a native, went to a NY private, 'rents are notable on both sides, and our employment/business.  They still have the regs in it but they are now getting vids and other additions sometimes.  It is just something that I wasn't interested and everyone fought against me on it except for him.   
  • I saw the email and responded.  We had lunch at an Italian deli with tables and umbrellas outside, very close to Yale.  I rocked in court but might have to go back.  We are trading places, you have good taste, I'm ready for Vegas. 
  • Yeah, I know it's silly. The weird thing is I've only checked the weddings section 3 times in the last 4-5 months and every time I knew someone in there. And I know like 12 people in NY.
  • I just read the article and she would have never qualified based on the old way.  Stupid new editor. 
  • I place a high priority on alone time.  Everyone needs it.  I love having nights here or there to be by myself. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Dudley! I just got glasses too!My teeth are atrocious, just look at the glasses :)[img]<a href="http://i30.tinypic.com/dm4pd2.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i30.tinypic.com/dm4pd2.jpg</a>[/img]
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • She's terrible. Gawker made fun of the weddings sector this weekend. That made me smile.
  • Oh and my confession is I wish I could convince FI to elope.
  • Whit, you look so good in those!! I won't have my glasses until later on this week, but once I get them, I'll show ya mine!
  • I'm also a huge fan of alone time.  In fact, I just encouraged DH to pick up a Sunday shift so I can have a day to myself.
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • I saw that, that is one reason why I didn't want to be the Captain Obvious Jewish couple and ranked by points, it would have been very high but still.  I think the gay couple should have had top billing, they are so cute together.   
  • I usually like alone time too. Tonight though, I'm bored out of my mind and must find something to do to keep myself occupied until 11pm.
  • Thanks, I love them! I went in for my eye apt on Friday, I have astigmatism in my left eye and I'm near sighted in my right eye. Yay! Ha. So glasses for teaching/in class and while driving at night. I've worn them a lot today, since I was on the computer all day. Don't really need to, but it certainly can't hurt.
  • I want to set fire to my living room. That's where the weddingshit is.
  • Whit - actually it can hurt.  Your eyes can become more dependant on them and actually weaken.
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Yup, I found out I have an astigmatism in both of my eyes too. Also I'm near-sighted, but worse in my right eye.
  • If I can remember to do it, I"m gonna do the application. Just 'cause we're so not the typical NY Times couple and we're so much cuter than so many of those people ;)
  • Ack, really? TJ said something the other night about wearing them if I'm on the computer a lot.
  • I'm near sighted in one eye and far sighted in the other. I only wear a contact in my left eye. But my glasses have corrections in each lens. I have astigmatism in both eyes. My eyes are weird.
  • Go for it, they need a cute couple, they have been crap this week. 
  • Whit - I am near-sided in both eyes and have glasses for driving, watching tv/movies, and seeing the board in class. I was told not to wear them too often for other things because it's not what they are for and that my eyesight could weaken over time like Jaimebeth said.
  • I slept like shiit last night, and couldn't get a good nap in today, so I'm a cranky biitch.  FI's coworkers are going on about layoff doomsday crap, and it's getting to him, which gets to me cause I don't have a job yet and we'll be screwed if he gets laid off too.  And I know I've only been looking for 6 weeks, and that's not long compared to a lot of people, but it still gets to me that there's not even a nibble.
  • I sent you a pic too scoetto, but you are either ignoring me or think I'm ugly because I never heard back from you :(
  • ::takes off glasses::
  • Mocha - I hear ya. Both DH and I are unemployed right now, so we are struggling. I've been looking for months and actively applying for almost 3 months now. I've only gotten 2 bites during that time and the interview I had last week said they'd let me know in 2-3 weeks. 2-3 weeks!? Gee, thanks!
  • I did not want to be in it and we would have scored high based on both of our educations, I'm a native, went to a NY private, 'rents are notable on both sides, and our employment/business.My confession: This rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not looking to start a rumble because I'm tired, but really?
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • I'm on day 11 of my additive/preservative free (plus some other stuff) month, and all I want right now are tater tots and a burger. Preferably one with bacon and cheese and from a fast food joint.Hopefully a full belly will solve this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards