Michigan-Grand Rapids

Recently engaged - Venue locations in Southern Michigan

My fiancé & I just got engaged in March & we're starting the process of finding a wedding & reception venue. I'm from Indiana & he's from Michigan, so we're looking for somewhere in Southern Michigan along the lake. Maybe St. joe's or Holland area? We're out of towners & are coming in this weekend to check out venues. Any suggestions?? We want somewhere nice but not too formal. Thanks!

Re: Recently engaged - Venue locations in Southern Michigan

• b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Blue Dress Bsrn in St. Joe....it was really cute!

http://www.bluedressbarn.com/

Otherwise, I'm not much help in SW MI.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen pics from wedding at the Blue Dress Barn, they looked cute to me. I'm getting married at Southern Exposure in Battle Creek. We also checked out Windmill Island in Holland, the Verandah @ The Whitcomb in St. Joe, and there was also a vineyard close to the MI/IN border that I can't for the life of me remember the name of right now. I'll post again if I can think of it.

ETA: I just found it! It's called Willow Harbor Vineyards and it's in Three Oaks, MI. All of these are outdoor venues though, so they won't help much if you aren't going for that.
    Photobucket
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Holland (and got married here) - we checked out Boatwerks (will do outdoor with a tent, right along Lake Macatawa), Camp Geneva (outdoor overlooking Lake Michigan, or inside a cute chapel on top of the dunes), and the DoubleTree Hotel has a nice banquet hall facility. We ended up going with the Alpen Rose restaurant for our reception, and had our ceremony at my parents' church here in town.
  • amy7177amy7177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    in st joe they have the shadowland ballroom, its new and there is a carousel there. also the varanda at the whitcomb.....its right on the bluff...both are real nice places.
    Married on July 29, 2011
  • td2656td2656 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for all your help!!! We checked out a lot of locations & fell in love with the Blue Dress Barn near St. Joe! We set the date for next July. Now on to the process of looking for hotels, vendors etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats to you :)
    Photobucket
  • randolphs2023randolphs2023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    castle grove is nice!
  • Hello,<div>I am getting married at Blue Dress Barn next July, 2013 and am in planning mode. Can you offer any insight on vendors, details, dos/donts, etc????? It would be greatly appreciated! We live in Chicago, and I have some great resources, but looking for additional input.  thanks! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_recently-engaged-venue-locations-southern-michigan?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:a3f6a0be-8d03-4e93-bf54-74b46860e1dePost:f3084a35-8d9d-4746-80e6-af2342dff37c">Re: Recently engaged - Venue locations in Southern Michigan</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks to everyone for all your help!!! We checked out a lot of locations & fell in love with the Blue Dress Barn near St. Joe! We set the date for next July. Now on to the process of looking for hotels, vendors etc.
    Posted by td2656[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards