North Carolina-Outer Banks

Sam and Casey Outer Banks Wedding

I really love Sam and Casey's beach house wedding--does anyone have any information on where this house is or where they rented the tent from? Also, is it legal to host a wedding on the beach by the house, or do you have to have permits or anything like that? Any information on this is appreciated!

Re: Sam and Casey Outer Banks Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Who is Sam and Casey?  I'd love to see the pics as well since I'm contemplating a house/venue reception.Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    They are a couple who are featured on The Knot's Outer Banks Wedding site. I'm having trouble copying and pasting the link, but if you do a search for them, you should hopefully find them. They had a wedding in Corolla, and it looked great!
  • robynjkrastelrobynjkrastel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got married there as well!  the house is called beachy keen unit g101 from twiddy rentals.  this is one of the only houses in corolla that will allow a tented reception on the beach.  i opted to have my reception inside the house though.  you can email me at robynjkrastel@yahoo.com for pics of our wedding on may 7th :)  i'd be glad to answer any questions!
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at beachy keen for my wedding as well, and have pictures that I took inside and outside the home. The pool, outside, area isn't very large and if you a decent guest list you have to have your reception either inside or tented. Which tents cost about $1000, on top of the twiddy fees. If you want to see my pictures that I took let me know. They'll give you a good idea of the house.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,I am new on this site.  Can anyone tell me which special event houses in Corolla do allow tents?  I know you said that Beachy Keen was one of the few, I am curious which others do.  Were you able to have the tent on the oceanside? Thanks.  We are hoping to rent a special event home, and would like to have a tent and a dance floor.  
  • denshan111denshan111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too looked at Beachy Keen but wasn't too impressed by the looks of the landscaping outside. By chance we came across a home called Gertrude's Breakaway in the same community (Ocean Sands) in Corolla. It is 40 yards off the beach in a quiet cul de sac. It was built recently and is totally gorgeous! The best part--it allows a tent and has a very long and adequately wide yard!!  It's rented through Kitty Hawk Rentals, aka Beach Realty. We've got it reserved for a May 17th wedding. It's a Sunday to Sunday house. The special event fee is $1,000 We're getting married on the beach then having the reception in the yard. Another home that allows a tent--in the Currituck Club community but I also had issues with the upkeep on the outside--Seabatical--through Village Realty. Let me know if you'd like to see pics of Gertrude's Breakaway. We just visited:)  Good luck!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Just curious, when you went to look at Beachy Keen did you see any other event houses with Twiddy?  I understand that they allow you to see upto 3 houses.   We want to look at some houses in the 4 wheel drive area, they are all right in a row and are owned by the same owner.  Twiddy said that they would not be able to take us to that area, they/we would need to make arrangements with the owner.  Since Twiddy won't be taking us out there, I am hoping they may let us see a house or two in the non 4 wheel drive area.  I am happy to hear that you found a house.  I would love to see pictures.  Thanks
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE saw a bunch of houses from Twiddy and Brindley Beach over the course of a weekend. We saw Beach keen, Lady drake, Rendezvous, Par Excellence, Seaclusion. If you have any questions on those let me know. Rendezvous was my personal favorite.
  • edited December 2011
    denshan,could you send me picks of Gertrude's Breakaway please??!!!drcamilleri@yahoo.comTIA!!!
  • Meghan SpenceMeghan Spence member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married/having my reception at Rendezvous (no tents allowed) on Sept. 20. If anyone wants pics/info afterward, let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    Did anyone put advance holds on any homes before looking at them?  Does Twiddy allow you to see more than 3 homes?  We are planning to go down in a few weeks and we live in NY (a 10 hour drive) so we would like to see as many homes as we can.  Are any of you using a wedding plannner? 
  • edited December 2011
    stressmess -- I'm using The Embellishers, Gail and Brenda are so sweet, fun and very professional. They heard us out and gave us ideas but weren't pushy at all. For example, I really wanted a pop of green in my bouquets, and they suggested Spider Lillies, but didn't push it so I suggested Verbenums, and they loved my idea.Anyway, they're great! Call em up!!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards