Moms and Maids

Gifts

Coach was having a HUGE sale today and I got my girls makeup bags for a steal...only $23!! I feel like the makeup bags alone aren't that great of a gift and want to fill them with other things. Any suggestions on what to put in? I know makeup is a bad idea since everyone has different skin, but what else can I put in a makeup bag?

Re: Gifts

• stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gift cards to sephora or some place else they like. It doesn't have to be make up related, just as long as it fits their own personalities. So if one of them loves to read, get a barnes and noble gift card, or a movie person would get a netflix membership, etc.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • edited December 2011
    I personally hate gift cards. I find them super impersonal. You can put in little neckalces or bracelets or hair things. You can roll up a tank or t-shirt. you can put candy in there.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:80d12c8e-a763-4f68-a038-240ba608a56aPost:c1498085-8c68-4f47-beb4-526690859886">Re: Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally hate gift cards. I find them super impersonal. You can put in little neckalces or bracelets or hair things. You can roll up a tank or t-shirt. you can put candy in there.
    Posted by schlagetermari[/QUOTE]

I agree on the giftcards, I feel like it's an easy way out. Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking of getting some lip glosses from Victoria's Secret and miniature lotions/perfumes to stick in there, I didn't think of the jewelry! Good idea!
  • shadowkat08shadowkat08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP about the gift cards. But maybe you could stick in certificates for all of you to get a mani/pedi before or after the wedding. 

Perhaps the jewelry could be something  they can wear at the wedding. 

Love the idea of make up bags though.
  • garcias1garcias1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:80d12c8e-a763-4f68-a038-240ba608a56aPost:038119f7-8be3-45ab-95c2-d9aeb93e7877">Re: Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gifts : I agree on the giftcards, I feel like it's an easy way out. Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking of getting some lip glosses from Victoria's Secret and miniature lotions/perfumes to stick in there, I didn't think of the jewelry! Good idea!
    Posted by SarahF20[/QUOTE]

<div>VS sells rollerballs with their fragrances that would fit perfectly in a makeup case.  I am probably going to get one for my sister (MOH) since she loves fragrances.  I think they are $10 each, and you could different scents for each girl.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • flerlgirlflerlgirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also do something to personalize the bags themselves - when my sister got married, she gave us really cute tote bags with our initials embroidered on them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards