Gay Weddings

bridal showers

Is any one having a bridal shower? I would like to have one.  who would be the one to throw it for me?

Re: bridal showers

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, it gets a bit complicated if you have two brides--do you have two bridal showers, or one?However, leaving aside the logistics, the traditional person to host the bridal shower would be your maid of honor.  Sometimes a coworker, relative, or friend will offer. 
  • pdeannawpdeannaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of my bridesmaids said they were working together to throw us one.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a shower and a bachelorette party. We will only have one of each with us both attending. We have mostly all of the same friends and it would not be cost effective for everyone if we did it seperate. My MHO, aunt, Megs MOH, and Mother are throwing our shower togeather (Im sure its on the 22nd :) ). For our B party our MOHs will be coordinating. Both our shower and b party are co-ed since our wedding does not follow the typical gender roles. (Obviously LOL)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
  • amyandmereamyandmere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having our bridal shower next weekend, just one for both of us...2 brides makes for a lot of invites :) We are having a small wedding, but my mom and sister, who are throwing it, are cutely traditional and insist on inviting every woman that is invited to the wedding. I tried to tell them a lesbian wedding was going to make for a LOT of women...they just laughed (prolly less so when they saw the #'s). We are also each having a Bachelorette party with our respective bridal parties.
  • SeldomSeldom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think our bridesmaids have threatened to throw us a shower, so I guess they are the ones you should expect to throw you one.
  • edited December 2011
    After much protesting about not wanting a shower on my part, we are having a "Non-shower Weekend".  The female relatives (mothers, aunts and sister with her baby) are taking us to Block Island (it's a little coastal quaint vacation spot) for the weekend next month for some bonding time.  I didn't want a whole bunch of gifts for the house and we don't have alot of friends in the area who would come to a shower anyway.  So we are just going to relax and unwind before the wedding...and have lots of cocktails.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having two showers.  One for her side of the guest list and one for mine.  Her sister (MOH) is throwing her shower, and my mother's best friend is throwing mine.  We will both be present at both showers, and our mothers are also invited to both showers.Which reminds me... I need to remind my mom that she needs to set aside Sept 12 for the first shower!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards