Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

cocktail hour?

Do I have to serve appetizers during the cocktail hour if i'm having a heavy appetizer meal? Would it be weird just to have cocktails during the cocktail hour?

Re: cocktail hour?

• edited December 2011
    That wouldn't bother me at all!  
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe you could just have a cheese and veggie display available during cocktail hour? It's usually best to give guests something to nibble on while they wait for the wedding party to arrive. No need to have "actual" apps, but just a table of something small. Maybe throw in some spinach and artichoke dip or mixed nuts! 
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cocktail-hour-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:9eb478d2-6801-4be1-b2c0-f60fa4d5d2b0Post:6175f7b5-bbe0-4f61-b051-e8f9e92d620a">Re: cocktail hour?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you could just have a cheese and veggie display available during cocktail hour? It's usually best to give guests something to nibble on while they wait for the wedding party to arrive. No need to have "actual" apps, but just a table of something small. Maybe throw in some spinach and artichoke dip or mixed nuts! 
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

I agree with this! Most people will probably be hungry, so you should at least give them something to nibble on. I think cheese, crackers and some fruit would do the trick.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs.. give your guests something to snack on until the heavy apps. A fruit/veggie/cheese tray would be perfect, IMO!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that you need to put out something.  Also, open bar and no food is bad news.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cocktail-hour-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:9eb478d2-6801-4be1-b2c0-f60fa4d5d2b0Post:c273a0fe-2aba-4a5b-b1a8-1a2cfc101958">Re: cocktail hour?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree that you need to put out something.  Also, open bar and no food is bad news.
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Some combination of veggies and dip, fruit display and/or cheese and crackers would be perfect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our dinner starts soon after cocktail hour so we are using cocktail hour to guide people to start taking photos in the booth (for guestbook), find their table, and mingle. Apps will be fruit, veggies, summer sausage, other deli meats, cheese, a few spreads,and lots and lots of crackers in multiple flavors.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards