Wedding Etiquette Forum

Why Do People Insist...

13»

Re: Why Do People Insist...

• I think there's a difference though Dani. What I'm talking about is questions like "Do you like this specific (unnecessary thing) that I've picked out?" They obviously want to spend the money on it, and the question is about whether or not it's cute.When the question is "Where do I get a cake server?" then the answer "See if your caterer has one" is perfectly appropriate. I do get a little annoyed though when people say "Where do I get a cake server?" and the immediate answer is "Oh my god, just use the one your hotel has, you're never going to use it again, what a waste of money." Um...I'm not having my wedding at a hotel, the cake server is actually kind of sentimental to me, my FMIL plans to give it to me for my shower gift, AND it's part of my china set, so I probably will use it quite frequently.I guess the point of all this is that I don't like assumptions about other peoples' situations when it comes to what they need and don't need. Sorry, on-going ranting not actually directed at you Dani :)
  • NQB, let's just call a truce. It takes more energy to dislike someone than to like them around here. But I'm still waiting for my third funny of the day.  Do not dissapoint.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• But I have to believe that most of these people are running to TK with a question when they haven't even sat down and discussed the issue with the person in question.That is absolutely true.  People get on the Knot where every wedding question they could possibly have is answered, and instead of looking, they just come straight here and ask.  It's annoying.The other thing that's been driving me crazy lately is - why do people lose all ability to communicate when it comes to the wedding?!  There are SO many posts about "I feel this way, how do I tell him/her/them?"  Just be honest people!  How do you go through life if you can't tell people the truth sometimes, in a tactful nice way of course.  I swear it's just wedding planning that makes people lose all common sense.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL Georgia - can you DIY me a tiara and sash to wear around here? I'm being serious Bec - I'll make you a set for your wedding gift if you want them. They're pretty easy (although probably not after you make as many sets of them as Salty did!)
  • I swear it's just wedding planning that makes people lose all common sense.Gospel. This should be the motto of P&E.
  • Eh.  I tend to ignore superfluous comments like those. And really, once you ask for opinions on here about anything (cocktail napkins, candle, etc), you're going to get a range of responses, and I kind of like people's honesty. Even if it's not applicable to my situation or is unwarranted. But perhaps that is just because you've caught me on a day where I'm not irritable.
  • Sorry, on-going ranting not actually directed at you Dani :)You don't have to be sorry, I totally do all of the things that you're ranting about!  :)   I'll watch myself though because I do see what you're saying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I kind of want those little personalized wooden cocktail stirrers too!  Noodle and I set aside a portion of our budget and we titled it "crap budget".  So its a dollar amount set aside of crap that we really don't need, but we think looks cool.  Once the crap budget is gone, no more crap.  Cocktail napkins, drink stirrers, place card picture frame holders, that all comes out of the crap budget.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• But I've never thought that about your advice (honestly).I actually didn't get the cocktail napkins for the longest time because of what you said in a post like 6 months ago (about people not using many of them.) It's completely valid advice when a person asks where to get them or if they're necessary or where to find them for cheap. I think the OP in that thread posted a question about whether or not they're worth it - totally a valid response.
  • We did that too, Nugget. In my excel sheet, it's titled "unnecessary expenses that Vogt really thinks she needs"FI may have titled that one :)
  • NB-the ones I found are plastic.  One of my aunt and uncle's had them at their wedding 30 years ago.  My other aunt was there and needed a drink stirrer so they gave her one from the wedding.  My aunt immediatly sent me an email with a link to them. http://tinyurl.com/ltqd7t
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards