Moms and Maids

Oh good there is a mother's board

Hi, I'm a mother of the bride and doing most of the planning since she is out of town, but the wedding is here!  I'm so glad I found the mother's section.  Anybody else planning a buffet style recption and church wedding in less than six months?

Re: Oh good there is a mother's board

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I did with my first daughter (I have 4).  We did it in 12 weeks.  Worth it?  Yes.  Wanna do it that way again?  No way!! Good luck in your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    we're here!!!!  ask away :)  congrats!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Muffin - you guys are getting really close!  How are the plans coming?
  • edited December 2011
    Everything is falling into place.  We are hung up on the music now...trying to fit Celtic in (FI) and not be overwhelmed with bagpipes.  My daughter has a new job and it's stressful, so her tolerance level is a LITTLE thin :)  Then, it is the program to do.  After that, all that is left is the seating chart...and the THOUGHT of that gives me nightmares!  I can't believe it is less than 2 months...
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    I have a ton of leftover wine from DD's May wedding.  Let me know if you need a glass or two.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, although without the church wedding.  My daughter was planning on getting married in October, but she and her fi (now husband) ran down to the courthouse a couple of weeks ago and made it official!  So, I'm doing an at home (my house) buffet reception at the end of September.  She is inviting about 70 people, but I expect less than 50 as there are a lot of OOT folks. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Handfast - I had no idea!  I was just thinking of paging you to see how the wedding plans were going.  So, how are the reception plans coming?
    edited December 2011
    It's going pretty well.  We're doing this at my house, and so I'm going to roast a few turkeys, do a couple of spiral hams, a vegetable medley, and a mashed potato bar.  My sister teaches a fondant class, so she'll make the cake, and we're having beer, wine, and mulled spiced cider--spiked with rum for those who wish to have it that way.  It will be informal, but not completely casual. I'll be decorating with mums EVERYWHERE, and garlands of fall leaves, outside, etc.  Living in Atlanta means we'll still have pretty good weather most likely, so I'll also decorate my deck out back. I have a 10 x 10 pop up that we can put up in the event it rains, for those who need to take a cigarette break, etc.  :-) 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Sounds wonderful!  Delish, not too formal, but still classy and very nice.  congrats!  So does this mean no red dress?
    edited December 2011
    I'm still going to look for a dress-any excuse for new clothes!  But, if I can't find anything, I have a great brown wrap dress with an amazing necklace that has browns in it that DH bought me on our honeymoon :-) 
  • edited December 2011
    We gave up on the seating chart. Couldn't figure out a way to avoid offending at least a dozen people....and there were a few that I couldn't find a place for without losing some friends. Each side has a parents' table and then everyone else is on their own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards