California-Tahoe

RE: Vendor reviews

Hey there - I live in Seattle, but my wedding was at Lake Tahoe.  You can see my photos at www.jennygg.com - we are Sarah and Josh.  Thanks! Venue:  Simpletahoeweddings.com - C I went through Simpletahoeweddings.com which was an all inclusive wedding package.  The package offered officiant, flowers, waterfront location and a marriage certificate.  For the most part, the wedding package was great except for the officiant.  The minister didn't offer a rehearsal, so people didn't know where to stand or have any direction.  The minister also was unprepared and frequently stumbled while reading my vows.  The flowers were beautiful, although I noticed that some of the ribbon didn't match - baby blue ribbon was used rather than aqua blue.  The wedding location was amazing and the weather was gorgeous.  I just wouldn't recommend using the officiant that I chose. Photographer: Jenny GG - A+ Our photographs were extremely important to us.  My venue offered photography as part of their package, but the first vendor I booked was Jenny.  Jenny is my friend, but I would've wanted her regardless.  When FI (DH) met her,  he was totally impressed with her professionalism, listening skills, follow-through and talent.  She actually listened to us and cared about what we wanted.  Jenny has great ideas for photos and one of my guests commented on her 'exceptional professionalism' - totally true.  She caught all of the emotions and special moments perfectly.  We got our photos back extremely fast - almost 900!  Love her!  Clothing for FI - J.Crew - A- We ordered my FI's suit at J.Crew and initially there was an issue with the jacket and pants not matching.  We ordered a new suit, and were impressed with J.Crew's customer service--they gave us the unmatching suit for free and gave us a 30% discount for the second suit.  Clothing for Bride - figure8maternity.com - A+ I'm 5 months pregnant, and it was very important for me to look beautful on my wedding day and to find a gown that would work with my growing belly.  I was so impressed with my white gown considering I purchased it sight unseen.  It was gorgeous and affordable.  The dress shipped out immediately and the customer service department was very helpful. Clothing - Bridesmaid Dresses - Alfred Angelo - B My bridesmaid dresses were from Alfred Angelo.  The dresses were pretty, but there were limited sizes to try on in the store.  For example, there was a size 0 and a size 18, 22, and 24 to try on and they used clothes hangers to estimate the dress sizes, so it was difficult to visualize the correct size.  I paid extra money to have the dresses expedited, but it still took 2 months for them to arrive.  When I picked up the dresses they were ridiculously wrinkled, so I asked if they could steam them for me at the store.  Unfortunately, the Alfred Angelo store did not offer steam service, so I had to take it to my local drycleaners. Jewelry: Tiffany and Co - A+ I got my bridesmaid presents for $100 dollars a piece and they didn't even charge me for shipping. Cake: Flourgirlweddings.com - A I paid $400.00 for the cake.  It wasn't pretty as fondant, but it tasted great. Reception Dinner: Riva Grill - A+ The food was amazing, drinks were great and the service was very responsive.  The view and ambience were awesome. 

Re: RE: Vendor reviews

• mbgallagmbgallag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where was your ceremony location? Online it looks like lakeside beach, timber cove or round hill pines are all pretty. Did you get married at one of these locations?  And did Riva grill have a dance floor? What was the average cost per head there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards