Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Poll

Re: Honeymoon Poll

• 1. Where are you going?  Sandals Antigua!2. How many days will you be gone?  73. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other)  half was my parents early wedding gift to us, the other half is us.4. Is it your dream honeymoon?  I knew I wanted to do something tropical and all inclusive so sure.5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it?  We are getting married on a Friday and we leave Sunday morning.  SOOO glad we decided to wait a day!
  • 1. Barbados2. How many days will you be gone? 73. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other) Combo: Fam - through RCI and FF miles, registry and then us4. Is it your dream honeymoon? It is getting there -- I really wanted to go to Greece or the south of spain but the weather won't be nice enough5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it - waiting 3 weeks, as I have to go durring plant shutdown
  • 1. Where are you going? Maldives/Dubai2. How many days will you be gone? 153. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other). We are.4. Is it your dream honeymoon? YES!5. Are you going right after the wedding or postponing it? We leave the day after the wedding.
  • 1. Where are you going? Riviera Maya, Mexico 2. How many days will you be gone? 7 days 3. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other) Fiance paid 75% His parents Paid 25% 4. Is it your dream honeymoon? I never really had an image in my mind of a dream honeymoon, so... not sure... I'm really excited about it though!!!!! 5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it Morning after.
  • ok, so not everyone can go around the world and have a dream come true! 1. Hampton Beach, NH or York Beach,ME 2. 3 days 3. we are paying for it 4. course its not my dream honeymoon, but we will make the best of it for what we can afford right now(im a stay at home mom, and we just had a house fire 8 months ago, and we are paying for EVERYBIT of our wedding) 5. yup the day after, we are running!
  •  1. Where are you going? 1 day on LA to break up the flight - 2 days in an overwater bungalow in Tahitit and then a 10 day cruise of 5 other French Polynesian Islands.  The cruise made this trip more affordable because FP can be realy expensive2. How many days will you be gone? 133. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other)We are -- actually Fiance4. Is it your dream honeymoon? Yes -- my running joke is that I wanted to go to Greece but he did not so I had to compromise and settle on Tahiti....-5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it. Getting married Saturday, flying to LA Monday, Tahiti on Tuesday ---71 days and I can't wait!!!
  • 1. Divi Aruba 2. five days 3. I did! (bride) 4. YES! 5. get married saturday leave monday mornign
    Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • 1. Where are you going? we went to Puerto Rico2. How many days will you be gone? 53. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other) It was a gift from my sisters in law- we wouldn't have been able to afford a honeymoon after paying for the wedding.  They're wonderful!! :)4. Is it your dream honeymoon? no, but we had an amazing time!5. Are you going right after the wedding or postponing it? we went 2 days after
  • 1. Where are you going?California (tour of coast)2. How many days will you be gone?103. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other)Us, and partly registry4. Is it your dream honeymoon?Almost - ultimate dream would be Italy, Mediterranean Cruise or Disney world - hehe5. Are you going right after the wedding or postponing itDepart 2 days after wedding. can't wait!larissa, sorry about your house fire!
  • smange10.10:Are you going to a Sandals??  If so which one and how did you pick?? My FI really like them but have no clude which one.  Would you mind telling me your budget?? Ours is $5K which apparently isnt that much??
  • Danes... butting in to say that Sandals just extended their 65% off summer sale for another 13 days. It was supposed to end last night! Time to take advantage!
  • 1. Where are you going? Dreams Los Cabos all inclusive resort, Cabo San Lucas2. How many days will you be gone? 8 Days3. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other) We are, but we registered it as our gift since we live in AZ and our wedding is in AL4. Is it your dream honeymoon? Absolutely! We're getting tons of free upgrades! Mexico is definitely the most for your money!5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning itWe are leaving the Wed after, the wedding is sat the 29th**Any body go or is going to Cabo for their honeymoon? Or stayed at this resort?
  • 1. Where are you going? Belize!2. How many days will you be gone? 8 days3. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other) We are4. Is it your dream honeymoon? My dream was Bora Bora but its just too far away for the time we have.  I want to be able to spend two weeks if we ever go there!  But I am super excited about where we are staying in Belize.5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it We are getting married out of town so we are flying back to our hometown the next day (Sunday) to re-pack and leaving for HM on Monday morning.
  • 1. We went to Bora Bora and Tahiti (This was our first honeymoon. Our second honeymoon as he called it, I called it a babymoon, was in Ireland and I loved every minute of it.)2. We were there for 2 weeks (1 week in each place)3. He paid for it4. Yes and no. We love the tropics and it was beautiful but I got a little bored every now and then but overall I loved it. 5. We went right after our wedding in England and then had to come back and do another wedding in the states more for my family who couldn't make it to England. We just stayed went somewhere in the states after that one to unwind again.
  • The Sandals 65% off sale is still going on. My FI and I are going to Ocho Rios, Jamacia in December and staying at the Sandals there. It was the cheapest one available so that was our main reason for picking it. I've since talked to people who have been there and loved it. We're paying ~$1600 for 6 nights plus airfare. So keeping it under $5000 is definetely doable!
  • 1.Where are you going? Rome, Venice and Paris2. How many days will you be gone?  163. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other)  We are paying for everything...probably at our own peril!4. Is it your dream honeymoon? You bet.5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it  We are getting married in Rome, so we're technically starting our HM before the wedding.
  • Hey dnajmi, we're Sandals Grande Antigua twins!1. Where are you going? Sandals Grande Antigua-All Inclusive2. How many days will you be gone? 73. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other) My fiance' (I'm such a lucky chic!)4. Is it your dream honeymoon? Yes and no, I had never thought about my honeymoon...not even after he proposed. I was focused on the wedding.  It became my dream when I saw the accomodations he picked: the swim up honeymoon suite w/ butler service!  5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it: Leaving out @ 6 am on morning after.  We're having an afternoon wedding so we're leaving straight from the "afterparty" with our friends and going to the airport.  My guess...we're gonna be exhausted on the plane which will be a good thing.
  • Missevans and Jnajmi, I'm joining the Sandals Grande Antigua club! Which room did you pick missevans? I know there were a few with swim up pools but was it the one that is like the top top top suite? W/ it's on private pool and jacuzzi or was it the Rondoval which also has it's own private pool? Still trying to make a decision about the room choice...
  • 1. Where are you going? We spent 1 day in La, 5 nights in BoraBora (we stayed in an OWB), 4 nights in Oahu, 5nights in Maui and 4 nights on the big island.2. How many days will you be gone? about 3 weeks3. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other) We did4. Is it your dream honeymoon? YES!!!5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it?  We left a week after the wedding which gave us time to regroup after the big day and prepare last minute things for the trip.  If I could do it again I would have left right after the wedding but a friend of our got married a week after us and we wanted to be there.
  • 1. Where are you going? Carribbean Cruise2. How many days will you be gone? 6 Days3. Who is paying for it? (you, family, registry, other) My Parents4. Is it your dream honeymoon? Yes5. Are you going right after the wedding or post poning it. About a week after wedding.
  • 1. WA State then an Alaskan Cruise! 2. 14 days3. My parents - they are awesome! We are paying for some too4. ...I think so - FI picked it, but I wanted to get married on a creepy grey WA beach so it's perfect!5. The very next day - That's where WA comes in the cruise doesn't leave for another week after teh wedding!I'm really getting excited about that part!
  • **dnajmi and missevans, we're going to Sandals Antigua too!!** 1. Antigua-Sandals (adults only-all inclusive) 2. 8 days 3. My parents, we did a honeymoon registry too but aren't counting on that. I am so grateful for my parent's paying though, they're amazing :) 4. Yes, we are both more excited for it than the wedding! 5. I am the payroll administrator for my company so we have to wait a week b/c no1 else knows how to do my job. Wedding is on Dec. 12th & we are leaving for honeymoon on Dec. 19th. Can't freakin wait!!!
  • babygirl, missevans, yhfoxtrot...now we are quads!!  All doing Sandals Antigua!!What room did everyone get?? We are staying in the Venetian oceanview concierge suite on the mediterranean side...cant freakin wait!  www.tripadvisor.com this website has over 1,000 reviews for sandals, antigua.  I have gotten some really good info from other peoples reviews!!It looks like I leave first.  We leave October 4th.  If I remember, I will let you all know how it was!! 
  • @ BabyGirl 0923 : I heard that it will be beautiful out there in December. Have fun! @YHFoxtrot:  It wasn't the rondoval, it was one of the "top, top, top" suites that you mentioned but we did that 65% off sale through a travel agency here that had a relationship with that particular destination. FI sprung for the best suite and told me that I couldn't ask for anything else for a year. I happily obliged :-)  1 month and six days until I'm on the beach!!!
  • We WANTED to spring for the "Luxury Ocean Villa 1 Bdr. Suite w/ Private PooL" but we opted for the "Mediterranean Honeymoon Penthouse 1 Bdr. Oceanview Suite" which is like the second one listed. I can't friggin wait. We're also spending a few nights at Hermitage Bay which looks really tranquil and amazing too! 5 months and we're THERE! Yay for HM twins!
  • 1. Cabin in the mountains of Tennessee (just outside of Chattanooga) 2. 5 days!  Can't believe I'm taking 4 whole days off of work!! 3. We are paying for it 4. Sort of.  We are going on a 2-week mission trip to So. Africa next year- so that's where all of our h-moon $ is going!  So the fact that going to TN allows us to go to So. Africa is a DREAM! 5.  We are driving down to Nashville immediately after the reception (should be done by 5:00)
  • 1) We are going to Hawaii 2) 9-12 days, not sure what we can afford yet 3) We are paying for it 4) YES!! I've wanted to go to Hawaii as my honeymoon since forever....... FI hasn't ever travel anywhere and can't wait to go. We are going to starting booking things in the next few weeks. 5) We are going either late the next day or monday
  • just kidding....missevans...you will have to tell us all about it!!I find myself being more excited about the HM than the wedding...ha!
  • @dnajmi: I'll definitely try to find this thread and post about how it was.   You're right though, I'm SO looking forward to the honeymoon!@ Foxtrot: Any room on a beach in Antigua is a room I'd wanna be in. I hope you guys have a blast.
  • 1. The Galapagos 2. 10 3. We are paying for it. 4. Yes :) 5. We are getting married in September, but waiting until next February. Their best weather starts in December, and we did'nt want to rush off right away. 
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards