Pennsylvania

Pocono/Lehigh Valley reception reviews

Hey ladies,Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about reception venues in the Pocono or Lehigh Valley area.  I am planning a wedding for Oct or Nov 2010.  I will be doing alot of planning from Florida so I need all the suggestion and reviews i can get to make a decision. Thank you!

Re: Pocono/Lehigh Valley reception reviews

• edited December 2011
    i cannot rave enough about Ehrhardt's Waterfront Resort. It's 1 hr. 30 min. from the LV and is in the poconos. I had to plan long distance, and it was GREAT. wonderful food, GREAT staff...i loved it. we didn't use their cake, but they do provide that as well as centerpieces if you want (we made our own as well since i was itching to DIY for something). they recommend local DJs, musicians, etc. so if you don't know a lot in the area, they can help. good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    my friend is getting married at the stroudsmoor inn in stroudsburg which is definitely the poconos
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married this October at Silver Creek Country Club in Hellertown. It's a good place for out of towners because there is a Holiday Inn hotel about 1/2 mile and it's right off of 78.  The staff there is wonderful and I love it because they only do 1 event a day. If you send me your email address I can send you pictures I took last weekend when we were there.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is June 2010 but we are getting married at the Riverview Country Club in Easton. So far the coordinator has been great. I have read all great reviews. we have tried the food and were very pleased. Very reasonable. We were able to work out a good rate with a nearby hotel (The Hampton Inn). So far it has been a great experience. www.riverviewcountryclub.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from the Pocono's but now live in Massachusetts.  I'm planing my wedding for next Sept and looking at about 8 vendor before I found The Inn at Pocono Manor.  It is definitely worth looking at.  Good Luck!!LD
  • dianad54dianad54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody for your feedback! We just booked Skytop Lodge in the Poconos for Oct 16 2010.  So excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards