Wedding Etiquette Forum

I don't feel sorry for...

people who have 4 kids with 4 different dads, one on the way, and constantly update their FB status with their blackberry saying, "I wish I wasn't sooooo poor! :("I have the hardest time not replying by saying that I want to puke.

Re: I don't feel sorry for...

• I don't feel sorry for people who complain about being lonely when they broke it off with their husband for the silliest reasons and didn't even TRY to make things better.I don't feel sorry for homeless people on the street.  There are plenty of jobs (still) in this city.  My dad has given his business card out to many many many homeless guys and offered them an advance tthe first day they show up to work.  Not once has he had a phone call.  I never give them money.  I will however give them food.  I even stopped doing that because I had about 3 or 4 very ungrateful guys. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I have to agree.
  • People who refuse to get the f*ck off my bumper, cut the guy next to me off so they can zoom past me with a dirty look, and then I pass them up the way getting pulled over by a cop.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Oh, and I don't feel sorry for women who will let anything with a peen throw it up in her choco taco, and then whine about how she can't seem to find a decent man, and nobody loves her, and how she's such a victim, boo hoo f*ck me.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• I don't feel sorry for homeless people on the street.I agree. The only time I really feel sorry for them is when they're very clearly mentally disabled...because obviously they would have a hard time finding employment.
  • I don't feel sorry for people who complain about being overweight or out of shape but don't exercise.I don't feel sorry for celebrities who get famous then whine about their lack of a private life.  WTF did you expect?

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • (from my sister): I don't feel sorry for girls who are 20 and get knocked up and then complain about how "being pregnant sucks because it makes your back hurt". (My sister): That was your fluffing fault for getting knocked up, biitch. Use a condom. I have to hear this complaint from her daily since she's 20 and has a large number of pregnant FB (not RL) friends.
  • I don't feel sorry for celebrities who get famous then whine about their lack of a private life. WTF did you expect?100% agree.
  • I don't feel sorry for celebrities who get famous then whine about their lack of a private life. WTF did you expect?Ditto.  "Oh poor you" is what I always think.  It's nothing new.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • "I don't feel sorry for people who complain about being overweight or out of shape but don't exercise." ^This! MIL tells me all the time that I'm so skinny (not really, but compared to her - yes), and I bite my tongue because I want to tell her that maybe if she got off her butt, took a walk every once in a while, and cut the excessive fast food from her diet, she'd start seeing results.
  • I don't feel sorry for ppl who say "poor me, I'm a single parent. It's so tough". When really they are divorced and share custody (and financial support) with their ex-spouse. To me, a single parent is just that; a parent who is raising their child 100% on their own.
  • Ditto on the homeless. In college, when I waa dirt broke single mom, a homeless couple asked me for money. I felt bad and offered them some of my food stamps. They said they would rather have cash because they wanted to get something to drink.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't feel sorry for people who complain about being overweight or out of shape but don't exercise.This.I don't feel sorry for people who have to buy the latest blackberry or iPhone, but complain about how much debt they're in.
  • I agree with everything on here.I don't feel sorry for people who complain they have no money to pay the bills, but have several vehicles, a boat, and a snowmobile outside.  Sell something, idiot!
  • ThisI will however give them food. I even stopped doing that because I had about 3 or 4 very ungrateful guys.I had a guy ask me for money once when I was leaving a restaurant. I said I didn't have any change (I hardly ever carry cash) but offered my leftovers that were boxed up. He was like "I don't want your fukkin' food". I couldn't believe it. I know they were leftovers, but come on!
  • I don't feel sorry for people who complain about being unable to find a job but1) consider themselves above retail, fast food, call centers, etc. If you REALLY want to work, look into those options as well. Or,2) when I spend an hour explaining to them how they can make a significant amount of extra money, am incredibly detailed, offer to help them get started, explain the whole process to them, offer to evaluate and help with their work on my own time, for free, and they blow it off as "too hard" or "too boring" and continue to complain about being broke.See if I ever do THAT again.(Except for those on this board I've tried to give a hand to. You guys are ok. Mostly because no one has complained about "hard" or "boring" yet.)
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • I don't feel bad for people who are poor because they CHOOSE to be on welfare and have no desire to actually work.
  • I don't feel sorry for people who  irresponsibly bought houses they could never, ever afford in the housing bubble and are losing them now.  You make 30,000 a year but thought you needed and could afford a 450,000 home?  Here's your sign, dumb@ss. 

• Eastunder - good one!
  • I don't feel sorry for people with loads of credit card debt who whine about their money problems and not being able to pay all their bills.   Try not buying things you can't afford in the first place. 

• I don't feel sorry for people who irresponsibly bought houses they could never, ever afford in the housing bubble and are losing them now. You make 30,000 a year but thought you needed and could afford a 450,000 home? Here's your sign, dumb@ss.I also don't feel sorry for the crooked mtg. lenders who wrote all of those bad loans and have lost their jobs b/c the housing market has tanked. They should have been more responsible too. Holy greediness!
  • I don't feel sorry for people who continue to use Meth. It is a stupid drug.
  • I don't feel sorry for homeless people on the street.Wow, this makes me sad.  Yes, there are lazy homeless people, but the majority of them have severe mental issues.  And it's sad when you see them huddled in the street in below zero weather or frozen to death.  I personally have an aunt who is schizophrenic and so paranoid that she won't live anywhere for too long and so often times she ends up living in the street.  There's nothing anyone can do about it except maybe not judge her and think that she's lazy and a bad person. 
  • I don't feel sorry for people who buy things in the "only $99/month" plan (such as snowmobiles, quads, etc), and then compain when 3 years later, they've only actually paid about $500 of the principle, and what they owe is more than the thing is worth.
  • Yeah that is sad Vicmo. Homeless people have a special place in my heart. I am the sucker who gives them money.
  • my roommate.... I have told her countless times that parking like that will get her a ticket. She keeps doing it so it looks like she wants to learn the hard way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vicmo, I think she was referring more to the homeless people who are assholes to people who try to help them with food instead of the money they want to go and buy drugs.
  • A lot of the time (at least here in St. Paul/Mpls.) the people asking for money and standing off of the freeway with signs aren't homeless.  They have places to live, but they suppliment their welfare incomes by being douche bags that ask for money and won't accept canned food or a double cheeseburger.  They want booze.  Now that I can't handle.  I don't offer homeless people money, but I do give them the benefit of the doubt.  All the rest of these I must agree with.
  • I don't feel sorry for anyone who has an adjustable rate mortgage, and then freaks out when their interest rates go up. There is a reason its called an adjustable rate.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards