Catholic Weddings
Options

Curious..

How many of you kissed at your ceremony? If so, when did you?We were at a wedding Saturday and the priest announced the couple and they proceeded with the recessional. I found this odd, while Nuptial Masses in our area don't have a place designated where the priest says "You may now kiss your bride" I still thought there would be incorporated...now I'm just starting to think I'm crazy for assuming there was supposed to be a kiss in the ceremony. It does not really make a difference to me, I can kiss my FH all I want after the ceremony, just seemed strange.

Re: Curious..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...that seems kind of odd. To the weddings I have been to and seen the "you may kiss the bride" is always incorporated. Now I wonder if we are going to be allowed that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We kissed after the ceremony, just before the recessional.
  • Options
    Tuneful_BrideTuneful_Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No one prompted us, and our priest did not announce us as husband and wife, so I just grabbed DH and kissed him, then dragged him to the hotel.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We kissed after we exchanged rings and then just before the recessional.What can I say?  We're all about the smoochin'. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kissed my H at the beginning of the ceremony.  Normally, when we greet each other, we peck on the mouth.  When my dad walked me up the aisle and put my hand in H's, I kissed him without thinking about it.At the end, our priest introduced us and my H asked if it was time to kiss. 
  • Options
    bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually hoping that it isn't in the ceremony for us. I don't like the idea of kissing in church. Or in front of all those people. I just don't think I would feel comfortable with that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    when the deacon said i now pronounce you husband and wife, we kissed and everyone clapped and then we walked out
    My little loves
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married with a nuptial mass last October and they didn't have "the kiss." She was actually pretty upset about it. As everyone exchanged the sign of peace, the priest leaned toward her/her husband and said, "You can kiss now if you want."At the end, he did pronounce them husband and wife. So, I may have to ask my priest about it just to make sure. Not sure if my cousin's priest just was weird or if it's more of an everywhere thing.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We kissed at sign of peace and following vows
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we did not kiss until we reached the back door of the church and our photog did a pic of us in the doorway.
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    John asked our priest if there was a kiss in the mass b/c I hadn't seen one in a Cath ceremony b4.  Our priest laughed and said that of course there would be a kiss if we wanted one.
  • Options
    KR2010KR2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses. It's interesting how different ceremonies can be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Every wedding I have ever been to the couple kissed.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we kissed as we gave thanks, and then had our "first kiss" after announced as husband and wife to the church.  no one said "you may now kiss..." i don't think, we just knew our cue.  i've never not seen a kiss!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We talked to our priest. He didn't want to say "You may now kiss the bride," but was ok with us kissing. We put it in after he announced us at the end of the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm.  This is interesting.  Our priest also did not say "you may now kiss the bride".  DH and I just thought he forgot that part....  =)
    DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts (4AB & 3BB); 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Keeping fingers crossed
    Everyone is welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to remember to ask our priest about this.  I know he wouldn't have a problem with us kissing, but I like the "You may now kiss..." part.  I've been to a couple of Catholic weddings recently, but I can't remember if it was said.  I'm pretty sure the priest said it at my cousin's wedding. Hmmm.....
    My Polymind (books, being green, random stuff)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards