Hawaii
Options

Hawaiian Airlines

So the big day was here ....we are going to buy our airline tickets.  We had checked with a travel agent on group discounts and that was useless.  We found the best price and flight on Hawaiian Airlines.  I was just getting ready to purchase our tickets and found a link on their website that was "Wedding Wings".  You basically register your wedding and they send you a discount code for you and your guests to use, it's also good from island to island.  I had not heard or seen anything about this so I just thought I would share.  The website says it takes about 10 days to get your code and I have no idea how big the discount is but I'll take anything I can get!

Re: Hawaiian Airlines

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the discount is something like 5-10% if they fly within so many days before and after your wedding.  If enough people use your code (20???), then you get a free first class upgrade.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOw, thank you very much for this information! 
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yup! i am awaiting validation... we don't have our stds or invites yet so we sent them our planning website and hopefully that will count as proof enough! Just wanted to see what the discount was so we could let guests know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got all our Wedding Wings stuff in the mail. It was a 5% discount. And if 40 people purchased tickets we both get a free flight. Not sure if that will happen, but its worth the discount!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    5% - Wow that's $150 savings from my famiily of 4, so that's $150 I can spend elsewhere!  yayyyyyyy!  I'm mailing out my Save the Date to them today so hopefully they will process it quickly and I can check this off!
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We signed up as well although it won't work for many of our family members, thus not working for us either. It's a good program if you live in certain cities and have enough people flying their dates.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool, we just signed up!  Not sure how many of our guests plan to fly Hawaiian, but it's a nice gesture at least.  Thanks for sharing!!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LilSwtAzynLilSwtAzyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its actually 5% off the flight itself (not including fuel surcharge and all that jazz that is part of the ticket flight itself).... so for instance we saved about 5 dollars each way on our tickets
    Planning BIO! / Halekulani / Aug 29 2009
  • Options
    Yentrok6Yentrok6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used American Airline's program as well.  I was told that they hope that 10 people will fly with them, but if not, they won't hold it against you.  The discount is also 5%, but may offer more flexibility for some of you that can't use Hawaiian Airlines.  (AA.com -->reservations-->group & meeting travel)
  • Options
    MaliagmMaliagm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great info..thank you for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards