Illinois-Chicago

N Chicago/Suburb florist

Our ceremony is in Glenview, and reception is in Evanston. Anyone have any florist recommendations in the N suburbs or N Chicago area? thanks in advance!

Re: N Chicago/Suburb florist

• clavalleyclavalley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GINA ALCANTARA!!!!!!!!! Gng Designs!!!!! gngdesigns.com She is in Grayslake but goes ALLLLLLL over! Shes done weddings in Lemont, Gurnee, Lake Forest, TONS downtown, EVERYWHERE! She is my FAVORITE vendor. SUPER SUPER SUPER reasonable. I got EVERY flower and everything I wanted for like $4000. I'm talking the nicest and most expensive flowers also (calla's, orchids, roses, hydrangas, etc). My wedding is at a church and country club also with about 250 guests, so not real small either. You MUST check her out. Very on top of her stuff, super classy and very professional and creative. Tell her Caroline sent you. Not for my benefit, just because I really really like her. HTH's!!!!
  • Brie2010Brie2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristen at Kio Kreations is fantastic, and we're getting married in Evanston as well.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls, and keep the recs coming!
  • gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rebecca at A Perfect Petal in Mt. Prospect.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We booked April Joy Events (www.apriljoyevents.com) and her work is just phenomenal - she's also the sweetest person and totally knows her flowers as she's been in the floral design industry for years.  Also, she has no minimums and is very flexible with budget!Maria
  • edited December 2011
    We are only using the florist for personal flowers and are using red/orange callas.  I priced tons of florists and even the floral dept at Whole Foods.  Flowers Flowers in Evanston was the best for the money - Joanne is so patient, by far the best florist I contacted.  She was so informative, sending photos of everything and answered any question and then gave me the answers to questions I hadn't even asked.  Highly recommend them.
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing all my own flowers because I used to work for a florist...good luck though.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • 25august200725august2007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beth at Anna Held Flower Shop is fantastic!!! Her web site doesn't do her justice. Full vendor review and contact info in my married bio (link in siggy).
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great recommendations! I have talked to many of the people you've named and have several appointments for consultations this week. I can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards