Not Engaged Yet

getting the run around?

2»

Re: getting the run around?

• bellabreeziebellabreezie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    magsugar- No, I do not think your post was harsh. I asked for honest advice, its what I need to hear.  I appritiate everyones time they take to write me their oppinion. I feel that I have been clouded living in his world, and like i said before, i hang out mainly with his female family members, that think he is a "princess" and can do no wrong. I think I need to stop waiting on him hand and foot, and step back and see if after he does his own laundry and learns to feed himself, he still "Really loves me" or if he still says "I am the one". doubtful.  In the meantime (very short meantime) I am reconnecting with some of my old girlfriends, and looking at rentals.  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    on another note, someone else had said i dont want to feel that I guilted him in to marrying me. I agree with that. that just sounds like a life time of resentment on his part, and entrapment on mine. No fun at all.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In reading my original post, I realized I forgot to add that he asked me to marry him nov 21st, and recanted it 2 days later. now all the excuses. and bitterness. and confusion.  Thats why I found this website in the first place. It doesnt change the cold hard facts, but thats just a bit more info.
  • edited December 2011
    Took it back?? I agree with Jeana - what a jerk It sounds like you've got a pretty clear idea of what's going on here and I hope you continue to reconnect with your old friends and find another place to live. Once you get away from this relationship I think you'll feel a whole lot better and eventually you will find someone who appreciates you.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • KerrotsKerrots member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Bellabreezie...you've really been through a lot. And sadly I have to agree with every other poster here. He's just not the one. But on the bright side, you sure seem like a smart woman who knows what she wants, and definately a hard worker! Something I noticed though, is that I don't think it's a big problem that you do all of the "wife duties" BUT and that's a big BUT, you said you also have a job, and anybody with a pulse would want to help you out around the house and acknowledge how hard you work. Lend a hand with the laundry, pick up some grocery's, return the massages etc...you get the picture. The fact that he "lets" you play house and work was upsetting to me. That in itself would be a deal breaker. It's really too bad that he has marriage hang ups because AS SOON as your gone he's gonna starve, have a stiff neck and smell from all his dirty clothes!!! Good luck and we'll all applaude for you and congratulate you when you post your breakup post =)
  • edited December 2011
    I really hope you can get out ASAP.. i feel so bad for you and i really hope you can move on quickly and have a great life.. and please keep us posted! Good luck!
  • NukkeNukke member
    edited December 2011
    Best of luck, bellabreezie.  It seems like you're ready to break up, but even though it's easy to write on paper or say to yourself, it's going to be a LOT harder to do in real life.  He'll probably make you feel guilty, or you'll second guess your marriage decision. That's pretty normal.  Just try your BEST to stay true to yourself.  You love yourself more than he loves you.  Never forget it.  You'd marry you, remember? :)Good luck and take care.
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • magsugar13magsugar13 member
    edited December 2011
    In the meantime (very short meantime) I am reconnecting with some of my old girlfriends, and looking at rentals. Good for you! I'm glad to see that you are starting to see that this guy isnt as great as you want him to be!
    Spring Break 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think this guy respects you. I don't know if this is true, but take a step back and see if the actual proposal on that Nov 21st was a pressured one and that's why he recanted. Marriage is a partnership... It's ok for you to treat your S/O as a King...but you're the Queen in the equation..not the servant. There's a lot of things you need to look at in your relationship. Not only its not equal, but you guys don't have the same goals. If he was to propose or even marry you out of nagging, you would only be miserable for several reasons: first you would live with the doubt of knowing if he wanted to marry you or you forced him, he would probably resent you for forcing him to do something he didn't want. Marriage has it's own challenges, there's no reason to add some more.Read the book the Women who love too much, get yourself in counseling and get out of that relationship. Best of Luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards