Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Second thoughts about wedding dress!

Hello all: I am getting married on October 24, 2009 in a Casablanca dress, style #1918. I am having MAJOR second thoughts about this dress. I always thought I wanted something simple, but when I tried this one on it just felt right. But now I'm not sure. I was wondering if you or anyone you know got married in this dress, and if so...any pictures? I would really like to see how it looks on a real bride versus the model wearing it on the website. If no one has a picture, but has been in my "second guessing dress" shoes before...HELP! Thank you, Laura

Re: Second thoughts about wedding dress!

• edited December 2011
    I just looked up that gown and it's gorgeous! I had second thoughts about my wedding dress as well. I purchased it so far in advance that when I saw other dresses, I second guessed myself. I even went as far to start looking at other gowns to purchase. This is what I suggest, don't look at a picture of your dress, or any other dress at all. I'm assuming you should be getting it altered soon and when you put your dress on and it fits like a glove for that first time, you will be in aw all over again. This is what happened to me. I vowed to myself that I will not look at a single dress again and I fell in love with my dress again when I started to see the whole picture. If you look at pictures of that dress on other brides, it still won't be the same as it being on you. Try it on with some friends and they'll definitely confirm that dress is the one. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get a little worried every once in a while about my dress... I absolutely love it and tried on probably 50+ dresses before I found *My dress*, but I think it is just one of those things that we brides to be get anxious about especially since we aren't able to see it for so long. PS- your dress is gorgeous!!!
  • coco74coco74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  I actually bought the same dress for my November 2010 wedding.  I know what you mean about putting it on and it just feeling right.  I guess I wouldn't be much help on this one because I absolutely love this dress, BUT I have always wanted a dress with pearls, rhinestones, and lace.  So for me, it was perfect.  I think the dress looks completely different on me than it does on the model.  If you put the dress on and don't feel the same magic as you did before then I would say find a dress that makes you feel that way.  BUT, again, I think this dress is absolutely beautiful and not too over the top.  To me, it has a classic elegance, something that is simple without being boring.  I'm sorry if this wasn't any help!!  Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards