Iowa-Des Moines

RSVP True Story...HELP!

My FI and I are still laughing at this...We mailed our wedding invitations out Tuesday of this past week...so we've been getting back RSVP cards since Friday.  Saturday I get an RSVP from one of my great Aunts I haven't seen since I was 2.  And I wouldn't even have thought to invite if it wasn't for my Mom.  She RSVP'd for 10 PEOPLE!!!  The invitation was sent to her, Mrs. First Lastname, no "& Guest", no "& Family" and she responds RSVPing for 10.How does that happen?!?  My Mom is assuming she is RSVPing for her two sons (older sons) who currently live with her and her sons' children.  What do we do with this?  Any advice?My reception venue is already reaching maximum limits with just the 2/3rds count of the numbers we have on the official list, but now with an RSVP that was meant to be for 1 turned into 10.  Is this craziness, or is it just me?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RSVP True Story...HELP!

• edited December 2011
    That's craziness.  Are the sons and children invited?  If so, then you might give her a call and just make sure the RSVP was for them.  If not, you or your mom need to call and let her know that this isn't going to work out, and that she's the only one that was invited.  :-(  Bummer to have to make that call, though! 
  • jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, her adult sons and their children were not invited...the invitation was simply to her only, no "& Guest", no "& Family".Yes, my Mom is taking a day to think what to say when she calls her, but I believe she is going to.  That is just too much, who does that?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's kind of wild.  It sounds like this sort of thing isn't that uncommon, though.  Too bad it should happen to you! 
  • Lemons653Lemons653 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off...congrats on getting so many RSVP's back that quick!  I sent our invites out over a month ago and haven't even gotten half of them!I agree to the PP....I would have your mom call or you call and just somehow mention that she is the only one invited.  Good luck!
  • MrsEmJayMrsEmJay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a couple RSVP issues, but yours blows them out of the water... TEN people? TEN?! Good grief. Some people truly don't understand how things work. You are right to have your mom call her, cause thats what I would do. :) And your mom should just (very nicely) explain that while you'd LOVE to have everyone there to enjoy your day, that your space unfortunately does not allow for that many people... That your guest list is already at its max and she really hopes that Great Aunt Sally will still be able to make it. Good luck Jobiann!
  • edited December 2011
    hahahaha! Sorry but that was funny! Oh man...who does that!  I am sorry that this issue found its way to your mailbox!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! Have to agree with all prior posts on how to handle. She is probably from back in the day when RSVPs were not needed/required, and it was assumed that the "whole family" was invited. I get a good laugh out of that. This is probably why my FMIL left all the great aunts/uncles off the wedding list for us. She commented to something of this same effect when she told me to remove them. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW and I thought I had a few good stories, LOL...can't touch yours...hopefully your mom is able to help you out...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards